Tasco Super Sniper 10x42 & 10x42M (side focus)
I need a new mid-quality fixed 10x scope. I have narrowed my choice to two:
1. Tasco SS 10x42 mil dot for 299 USD at SWFA,
2. Tasco SS 10x42M mil dot with side focus for 399 USD at SWFA.
I have read that these scopes are of good quality (true?) but I am curious about few things:
1. Is there any difference between these scopes regarding optics quality, repeatability, zero holding, clickiness of adjustments, reticle shape, smoothness of operation? I mean anything but parallax/focus adjustment. Do both of these scopes have glass etched reticles?
2. What is the optics quality in these scopes? I have read it is sufficient for serious shooting, but it really is so subjective that I need somewhat more precise description. I own Leupold 4,5-14, Zeiss V 6-24x56 T* several Schmidt und Benders (hunting with no A/O), have seen Bushnell Elite 4200, Weaver V16 and other mid priced stuff. Does the SS 10x42 (or 10x42M if there is any difference in image quality) compare anyhow to the mentioned scopes? Which one is the closest regarding optics?
3. Is the external surface finish rather pleasant to eye or is it rather rough and ugly? I dont want poorly finished scope on any of my rifles.
4. Is the SS 10x42 and 10x42M worth 299 and 399 USD respectively?
[ 08-16-2004: Message edited by: PPP ]