Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Tall Turret Scope,,advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:49 AM

Re: Tall Turret Scope,,advice

I was looking for the samething as you are. I ended up going with vortex viper hs 4x16 model. It is a lower turret and caped. I like the lower caped turret for hunting. Not as big to get in the way. Very good optics and the turret moves perfect. You can us the moa or get a custom turret made. The vortex warrenty is the best in the biz. For the money I don't think you can bet this scope.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter12 View Post
I was looking for the samething as you are. I ended up going with vortex viper hs 4x16 model. It is a lower turret and caped. I like the lower caped turret for hunting. Not as big to get in the way. Very good optics and the turret moves perfect. You can us the moa or get a custom turret made.

The vortex warrenty is the best in the biz. For the money I don't think you can bet this scope.
Vortex's warranty is the same as Leupold, Nightforce, Swaro, Zeiss, S&B and I believe Huskemaw, those I'm familiar with. Warranted for as long as own the optic against failure and transferrable to the next owner if there is one...

I had a personal experience with Leupold, the scope would not hold zero. I returned it to Leupold and Stevens, the sent me a newer model and paid my shipping out...and back on a 7 day turnaround, plus calling them, you get to talk to someone without a heavy arabic accent....... (try that with your credit card company sometime....)

I just bought a Vortex so I compared warranty. It's the same. I believe all manufacturers of good optics stand behing their products.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Vortex's warranty is the same as Leupold, Nightforce, Swaro, Zeiss, S&B and I believe Huskemaw, those I'm familiar with. Warranted for as long as own the optic against failure and transferrable to the next owner if there is one...

I had a personal experience with Leupold, the scope would not hold zero. I returned it to Leupold and Stevens, the sent me a newer model and paid my shipping out...and back on a 7 day turnaround, plus calling them, you get to talk to someone without a heavy arabic accent....... (try that with your credit card company sometime....)

I just bought a Vortex so I compared warranty. It's the same. I believe all manufacturers of good optics stand behing their products.
Sorry you are right I should have been more specific. One of the best. I also have had personal experiences with well known product and its never been fast or easy. I have found out that just cause its on the warranty card doesn't mean they will do it fast and easy.

My good friend is in the gun and optic biz and he has told me that Vortex gives him the least amount of flack when dealing with warranty. And he is a Swaro fan.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:10 PM

I have a Nikon Monarch 4-16 on my 270, about $500. Purchased the turrets and high caps from Nikon if I remember right they were $45.00 plus shipping. Had it 3 years on one of my fav M700s and had no trouble with zero to date.

Phillp