Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Swarovski vs Zeiss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Swarovski vs Zeiss

I have a Conquest on one of my rifles right now and I like it. I used to have a Swaro and LOVED it. To my eye, the Swaro had considerably better clarity and light transmission than the Conquest. It was the older model 1" that they don't make anymore and had very course turrets on it so I sold it to buy a more user friendly LR scope. If I was looking for a short to medium range scope I would spend the extra money in a heartbeat.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCarter View Post
I have a Conquest on one of my rifles right now and I like it. I used to have a Swaro and LOVED it. To my eye, the Swaro had considerably better clarity and light transmission than the Conquest. It was the older model 1" that they don't make anymore and had very course turrets on it so I sold it to buy a more user friendly LR scope. If I was looking for a short to medium range scope I would spend the extra money in a heartbeat.
I agree with that.
The glass on the swaro z series has better clarity and light transmission.
But I dont think its a huge difference between the two but enough for me to notice.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Silver Member

I have the older swaro, the PH 3-12X50 with 30mmtube on a hunting rifle and have also shot the zeiss conquest scopes a lot. The swaro, no doubt has the best glass. However, like a previous poster mentioned on another thread a zeiss conquest 6.5-20 for under $800 is a great price for a good scope.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Silver Member

I have the older swaro, the PH 3-12X50 on a hunting rifle and have also shot the zeiss conquest a lot, and to me the swaro has the best glass hands down. The zeiss conquest is a nice scope substantially less than the swaro in cost.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Gold Member

I have Swarovski A series and a PH and the glass is amazing. I just bought a Zeiss recently and really like it but it isnt Swarovski. Either way you are going to have the best glass out there. OH and I would go with the Z3 I just received a Cabelas flier that has all the Z3 $1000. or cheaper on sale.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Silver Member

I think you guys are talking me into the Swarovski. I really like my Zeiss but it sounds like the Swarovski may be worth a try and I always like trying scopes and guns I have never had.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Bronze Member

Between my brothers and my dad and myself we have several big rifles in 6.5 rum to 340wby and .338 rum. At first we all had different scopes, leopold vx3 4-14x50, swar av 4-12 and ziess conquest 4-14. All the rifles have brakes. My dad busted the lupie so bad you could hear something lose in the turret. It was one of the older ones ie 1995 and it never really tracted good, but would hold zero good. Leopold customer service was great. Next was the ziess on my .338rum. The optics where great. I would say better than an equal price lupie, but not as good as my dads new swar. Heres my gripe with ziess. It broke two different times, and no I never dropped the rifle or miss treated the scope. It would not hold a zero. Customer service was bad! One time I sent it in, and it took 4 months to get back. And it was the worng scope! I finally broke down and bought a new swar z-6 2.5-15x56. We now have 4 swar scopes and 3 swar binos in the family. Never one problem. We have one that been switched from rifle to rifle tons and has thousands of rounds from big mags and never a problem. When it comes to ziess I think there Euro made stuff is better made, and more like the swar. Just my 2c.