Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Swaro Laser Guide Problems ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member

Swaro Laser Guide Problems ??

I must just be lucky. I bought a new Swaro Laser Guide about 1 1/2 years ago. First hunting season, here is what it did. I was using it, and it just quit... No reticle, nothing, no matter how many times I pushed or held the button. So I removed the battery, then replaced it and it was working again. I then installed a new battery. Still every once in a while it did it again. R & R the battery and it was fine. It was happening more frequently so I sent it in. They repaired it , and sent it back. This fall... same thing.... I called them and they next day aired me a brand new unit. That was a week or so ago. Today I was ranging elk with the new one and it did the same thing. I grabbed my back-up Leica CRF from my bag and ranged them but they were now moving out. So when I got back home I removed the battery , replaced it, and the new one is working again. WTF???????????? I just recently picked up another laserguide from a member here so I still have two to carry with me...

I just wondered if anyone else has ever had this problem with the laser guide or heard of it happening to anyone else. I am almost embarressed to call Swaro , this is crazy!! I hear everyone brag about them and I cant trust mine as far as I can throw it...

Jeff
Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: Swaro Laser Guide Problems ??

What I have noticed on my LG and my hunting buddies LG is that while using it I will lose the reticle. If I move my eye around or move the LG slightly it will reappear. It is like it if I do not look thru them perfectly the reticle sort of fades out and then back in as I "search" for it. I hope this makes sense.....
Old 10-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7STDUBBERU View Post
What I have noticed on my LG and my hunting buddies LG is that while using it I will lose the reticle. If I move my eye around or move the LG slightly it will reappear. It is like it if I do not look thru them perfectly the reticle sort of fades out and then back in as I "search" for it. I hope this makes sense.....
I have noticed this as well. I found it helps me if I hold it a bit farther away from my eye. But this is not the same problem I am having. The reticle is gone, and the unit needs to re-boot. The only wat to get it to function again is remove and replace the battery.

Thanks for the reply!

Jeff
Old 11-01-2009, 02:39 AM
PUBLISHER

Me, too.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 11-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Platinum Member

Broz,

Cleaning the battery and the contacts even though they might look clean
does some amazing things. I love to do it with a pencilís eraser.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7STDUBBERU View Post
I experienced the same situation with my original LG too. I called Swaro and sent it back. They shipped me a new unit. Unfortunately, the new LG is exactly the same. Eye position and angle is critical to get a clear and bright image depending upon how the eye piece is adjusted for focus. The manual should explain this so shooters would know that this is normal for the LG. I'm getting use to it but they should work this problem out. None of the other laser rangefinders have this problem.

I still keep an old Bushnell 1000 around as a back-up. The display is brighter and readouts are MUCH faster. It just doesn't work well for ranging over long distances.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:45 PM
PUBLISHER

Clarification:

My "me, too" means I learned you sometimes have to re-position your eye to see the characters.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors