Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Swaro EL Rangfinder Binocs - User Opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 01:02 AM
Bronze Member

Swaro EL Rangfinder Binocs - User Opinions

Swarovski 10x42 EL Rangfinder Binoculars - I have searched the forums and only found a small amount of information on these binoculars and the opinions are mixed. Most opinions are also at least a year old.

I would like to make the switch to a combo rangefinder/binoc and want to buy the best so I only have to buy once. I'm trying to decide between the Leica's the Swaro's and the Zeiss. I'm most interested in the Swaro but want the best Rangefinder. I'm currently running the Leica 1600 and off a tripod have ranged 1800 meters off a tree. I shoot out to 1750 yards and I'm scared that I won't get that good of performance from any of the binoc/RF combos.

Swaro EL Binoc RF users please share opinions on:
1. Should the two year warranty on the Swaro RF Binoc worry me?
2. What ranges can you consistently range?
3. If you were buying today would you buy the Swaro RF/Binoc again?
4. Have you compared the Swaro RF/Binocs against any of the competition and what were your impressions?

Please share any other relevant information that you thing might be useful concerning the Swarovski EL Binoc/RF.
Thanks.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Swaro EL Rangfinder Binocs - User Opinions

I would also like some feed back. Read a lot of good things but like on hands feed back.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Silver Member

There is a recent thread where the poster actually purchased this pair. Listed below.

Swaro Bino's

Maybe we can bump him up for an opinion.

I use older Zeiss glass and love it, Swaro is probably better, at least in their spotting scopes.

My concern with a product like this involves the electronics, as we are all aware all electronics has a life span. If you have the coin, then don't worry. I will say one thing Zeiss and Swaro make very nice products.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Silver Member

I would really like some feedback on them also, one of the problems has been availability they aren't for sale at a variety of places consistently. I am somewhat surprised swaro hasn't really geared up to sell these for the upcoming hunts that start in august, people are looking at gear to buy and hunt with for this fall coming up in a month or so.

I have looked at them pretty close and they are very comfy to use and the glass is awesome I just would like confirmation that the RF unit is indeed more powerful than the geovids I already have. I would probably have upgraded but my dealer account that allows me to get them for about $400 less than retail hasn't had them in stock yet and I aint paying over $2900 retail for them. I think they are also a tad expensive compared to comparable units from zeiss or leica.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

I used a pair that a friend had .Spent a day at the range, another friend has the gevoids,wish I had them at same time. Had Lieca 1600.The Lieca ranged faster and on some areas on moutain side typical where I hunt.Timber,cliffs,scree.This was in the 12-1400 range.Sometimes not geting range w/swaro. I had 10-42 el and traded them for 10-32 el as I liked size.The glass and ero is great. I did not like,I think it was left hand trigger and reading in one eye piece,cant remeber which one.But felt awkward for me.The Swaro did bet longer readings than the Lieca out to 1800 on dark trees, had a harder time on cliffs than the Lieca.After using them, not in love with them.My binos and Lieca 1600 are lighter than the Swaro unit.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member

read this Swarovski EL Range: Top End Rangefinding Binoculars | Field & Stream

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 06-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
I appreciate you posting the link but I am really looking for people who have used the product for more than 30 seconds at the SHOT Show. I know there are people on here who have been running them for at least a year. I really want to hear their thoughts on them after having used them. I know the Swarovski optics are phenomenal but I really want to know about the rangefinder. I would love to combine my rangefinder and binocular into one unit but I don't want to sacrifice quality on either one. Based on the responses so far others want to hear field reports as well. Its surprising that there are not more people who have used these that have reported their experience.