Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Swaro Bino's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Silver Member

Re: Swaro Bino's

I've got the original 10x42, 10x50, and the new 10X42. My older versions are 10 to 17 years old and have been awesome and clear I have broken several lenses and Swarovski has been right there taking care of me and the binos always come back looking brand new. However the new versions are a lot lighter and have a few other pluses the other guys have stated. In my opinion if lighter is worth the money then spend the extra cash if it doesn't matter than go with the older style. Either way they are going to last a lifetime. I actually send mine back every year just to get them looking new again.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post
No doubt in my mind Swaro is the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to high end glass. Their spotting scopes are phenomenal for ease of use, clarity, depth of field, etc.

But when the dollar comes back real strong which it will before the end of the year will Swaro drop the price to where some of us can afford their glass? Jeepers 2400. for a pair of mid-size binoculars??

Pricing on some of these items has gotten way, way out of hand. I am really hoping the foreign manufacturers who were able to pass on phenomenal pricing increases here in the USA will back off and back down when things change, this is going to determine where I spend a lot of my money.

Sorry but facts are facts.
NO, They are not worth that price. I have had a few pairs.ELS, and a older set of Ziess 10x42 classic at 20 oz.was just as clear.Your EYE CAN ONLY pick up so much. I always had great vision,but it is starting to slip a bit now.You can get great used for descent price
Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Silver Member

Thanks for the kind words regarding my freaking out at the high cost of glass.

I was scouting last week and I will again today with my old Zeiss. And after your post I am going to keep my eyes open for another good used pair of quality glass regardless of brand.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Silver Member

In my opinion most binos are pretty clear it's early and late light where the great ones stand out. And the swarms do. Also no one else has the warranty that Swarovski has. I know a guy that accidentally ran his over and they fixed them.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Yeh,My bud had wire split rings on his swaro for a bino buddy.And the metal at right threw the strap eyes,plus they had some years of hard use.He had tie wire wrapped around tube to hold straps.They fixed them no ??looked brand new when done N/C
Old 06-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXshooter View Post
In my opinion most binos are pretty clear it's early and late light where the great ones stand out. And the swarms do. Also no one else has the warranty that Swarovski has. I know a guy that accidentally ran his over and they fixed them.
vortex has the same warrenty.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Silver Member

Vortex is one brand I've never experienced. But good to hear of another product willing to back their stuff up