Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Super Sniper Zero Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Silver Member

Super Sniper Zero Stop

A couple of guys on Sniper's Hide are now making zero stops for the super sniper line of scopes. I am ordering a couple today, but it looks like they work well and it won't void any warranty. The SS scopes are the best bang for the buck and for $20.00 more you can add a zero stop. Just wanted to share the love.

Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

Old 01-14-2014, 05:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: Super Sniper Zero Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd676 View Post
A couple of guys on Sniper's Hide are now making zero stops for the super sniper line of scopes. I am ordering a couple today, but it looks like they work well and it won't void any warranty. The SS scopes are the best bang for the buck and for $20.00 more you can add a zero stop. Just wanted to share the love.

Zero stops for SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

You just send the payment via PayPal, or send a check to him. You have to state which model that you want the spacers for, as he is making them for other models as well.

I'm going for the SWFA SS 5-20x50mm zero stop spacers. It will make my favorite scope even more user friendly.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Gold Member

Agreed they're a great scope but that magnification ring... arghhhhhhh
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 338 View Post
Agreed they're a great scope but that magnification ring... arghhhhhhh
I agree and dont know if it will break in mine is yr. old,love the reticle. I put the throw ring on mine, big difference
Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member

Think about what you're doing before ruining your scope.
Look at the difference between a REAL zero stop(NF), and the improvised spacers-for-stops..

When you stop a turret against a spacer you're converting rotation into torque, which is applied to the elevation threading that anyone would desire to be precise and repeatable.
With a NF zero stop only the turn is stopped, with no additional torque created from this or applied the erector shaft.

That you can hood wink some warranty work on a cheap scope, doesn't make the action correct.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member

Mike,
I can see how they could potentially cause harm, but why would Chris Farris from SWFA bless off on them if they would? I baught a set a little while back to see what all the fuss is over a zero stop. I haven't bothered putting them on...might not.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecr View Post
Think about what you're doing before ruining your scope.
Look at the difference between a REAL zero stop(NF), and the improvised spacers-for-stops..

When you stop a turret against a spacer you're converting rotation into torque, which is applied to the elevation threading that anyone would desire to be precise and repeatable.
With a NF zero stop only the turn is stopped, with no additional torque created from this or applied the erector shaft.

That you can hood wink some warranty work on a cheap scope, doesn't make the action correct.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that how the Vortex-PST line's zero stop works, with a series of shims.