Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Stoney Point Target Knobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Silver Member

Location: I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the Houston area so I can afford to live outdoors!
Stoney Point Target Knobs

Are these thing worth spend a few dollars on until a person could buy a scope with them made on it?

Anyone ever use them on a Tasco with target knobs? I assume they go on the outside of the exsiting knob?!?!?!????????
Old 12-30-2007, 04:42 AM

IMHO there are crap. Stay away from them, just wait untill you have the funds to buy a better scope with the turrets attached. Years ago i did buy a set and they never returned to the original zero. Waste of your money.

Adam
Old 12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member

I've used a set for several years on my Vari-X III 4.5-14 and they've worked very well for clicking to out past 1K. On this scope, the marks on the turrets are 1/4 MOA and the numbers are 1 MOA, so they work perfectly to match the clicks on the scope. They aren't made any more, but if you can find them and they fit your scope as above, they seem to be a cheaper alternative. Mine were not designed to go outside of an existing target knob, but screw onto where the cap would've screwed on to cover the vertical or horizontal adjustment of the scope. What's wrong with the current turrets you have? Good luck.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl