Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Steiner Scopes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Silver Member

Steiner Scopes?

Are Steiner scopes any good? All I ever hear are guys talk about Nightforce. I see Schmidt and Bender being used by top shooters. However, zippo about Steiner. I do hear some about Zeiss as a hunting scope but I am perplexed with the lack of discussion about Steiner.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Silver Member

Re: Steiner Scopes?

I used to be a purchasing agent for a company and we considered carrying them but never did because the price point and their lack of popularity. They are really good scopes from what I have heard (you get what you pay for), but I have no other experience with Steiner other than with their binoculars which are top-shelf.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Over at Sniper Hide I saw that Steiner tactical scopes were becoming quite popular. The Steiner Predator Extreme line of hunting scopes are also quite good, but the reticle choices are limited to on (plex S1).

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Silver Member

Greetings! I am currently sponsored by Steiner as a precision rifle competitor. I've been using the Steiner 3-15X50 since about July and it is a great scope! I've actually just completed a fairly big review and eval of my scope for publishing here on LRH.com. I'm not sure if they'll get around to publishing it this month or next, it is pretty long with some decent pictures.

I can answer any questions you have about these scopes. Even though I am sponsored by Steiner, I'll not blow smoke where the sun doesn't shine just to get you interested in one. These scopes perform exceptionally well. For reference, I've owned US Optics, Vortex Razors, and currently have a few NF NXS and F1 as well as Mark 4's and now have two of the Steiners.

Geb
Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Silver Member

Thanks, Gebhardt. I look forward to reading your review. Just trying to wrap my head around how they are similar and dissimilar and compare to Nightforce and Schmidt and Bender.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Silver Member

I think you'll like the review then as I compared the Steiner 3-15X50 directly to a NF 3.5-15X50 F1 and discuss most of the features between these two scopes. There was only one feature on the NF that I preferred over the Steiner, and I've been using NF scopes for several years now. I'll let the review explain everything.

Geb
Old 10-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Silver Member

Are the price points in the same ball park? Is the Steiner second focal plane?