Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Steiner Predator binoculars how good are they?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Silver Member

Steiner Predator binoculars how good are they?

I'm looking to buy a pair of bino's for my 14 year old son, i'm not looking to break the bank. But i do like european optic's the price is not that bad on these steiner predator etreme 10x42 and there european.Has any body here used these bino's before and what do you think? I can get a pair for $380.00 thats not a bad price i dont what to pay over $400.00
Old 10-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Silver Member

Re: Steiner Predator binoculars how good are they?

I have the 12 power predators and I love them. Steiners are the best binoculars going in my opinion. I also have the 20x80s and those things are just bad to the bone.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:31 AM
Gold Member

ive got a pair of the 10x preditors. There good glass for the money. Especially if you find them on sale like i did at cameraland. There not 1000 dollar glass so dont expect them to compare to some of the better units but there a good solid performer in the under 500 dollar price range and one thing stiener has going for it is a reputation for being tough as nails.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Gold Member

I bought a pair of Stieners 30 years ago. They are 12/40's and are named Hunting. They are rubber coated and no longer made. They look like the current Military/Marine. At that time i believe i paid 500.00 for them. Don't be afraid of Stiener. I bought thier 2.5/10x42 Predator Extreme rifle scope 2 years ago. Best scope money i ever spent.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

It seems like on here when people ask about steiner no one says any thing thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Gold Member

I feel Stiener could do a better job of advertising thier products. I know the Predator Extreme scope is assembled by Burris here in the U.S.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Silver Member

The thing with Steiner is they have military and government contracts and are selling and making plenty of money that way. Most of their line is centered toward that aspect and not really hunting optics. Although I will say the steiners are by far the most well made binoculars going. If they are designed to withstand the rigors of combat they can handle just about anythig any hunting trip can throw at them. I love both pair of mine and wouldn't trade them for any other big name glass maker out there. There is nothing finer than a nice pair of steiners.