Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Someone please explain how to use the ""EHR" on my Leica

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Silver Member

Someone please explain how to use the ""EHR" on my Leica

I have a Leica Rangemaster 1600-B and just want to quickly range animals and want to know the corrected range for steep angles up or down. This unit says it provides the EHR (Equivalent Horizontal Range) but the instructions are very confusing. If anyone has experience with one of these please help.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Someone please explain how to use the ""EHR" on my Leica

Yeah it's confusing. I kept fooling with it and found in order for the unit to spit out the EHR you have to set up one of the pre installed ballistic curves to get into the right mode. At the end of the process you can choose what you want to see after the line of sight measurement. I have mine set up so the EHR comes up right after the measurement. I then push the secondary button and it gives me the temp, station pressure and look angle. I even emailed Lecia support asking if there was a simple solution and the answer was not even relevant so I just kept fooling with it.

Hope this helps. I set that thing up months ago and hope I have given you a straight answer. Just play with the darn thing and you will get it long enough to set it up the way you want. I don't use the preloaded ballistic stuff...nothing even close.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 11-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Silver Member

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Silver Member

The "EHR" has a max range of 875 yards. Beyond that, you have to use other means to figure angle adjustments.
Mcmillan Varmiter
Bushnel XRS scope