Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Sightron SIII vs Zeiss HD5?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Sightron SIII vs Zeiss HD5?

You should check out the TPS HD aluminum rings to go with that EGW base. That is the setup I use.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Gold Member

Midway has them. You can also ask brian from shoot long if thats where you order your scope. He can get a lot more than what is listed on his site
Savage Bear Hunter 338 Win Mag
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I am not a Vortex owner, and was never a fan, b/c I had heard the same rumors.....But every single Vortex that I've looked through were incredibly clear! Mainly for that reason, and the cheap custom turrets is why I have been eye-balling one.
Voetex is for kids.....

Never walk away from the light my son......Zeiss is the way and the light!!!!!!

If I had even the slightest chance to go say...elk hunting....Id get a rifle and mount one of their top tier model scopes on it. Its not the $$....its just that Id have to sit and look at it!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Voetex is for kids.....

Never walk away from the light my son......Zeiss is the way and the light!!!!!!

If I had even the slightest chance to go say...elk hunting....Id get a rifle and mount one of their top tier model scopes on it. Its not the $$....its just that Id have to sit and look at it!
If I could afford a $2K Razor HD, I'd spend the extra $100 and get an NF NXS 8-32x56. But alas, I can't afford either one. Or even half of either one. LOL

Hey, I'm still hardcore Zeiss...Don't forget it! But I really can't afford a $3K+ Diavari or Victory. LOL

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:49 AM

i have both. a zeiss conquest HD5 5-25X50 AND SIGHTRON SIII 6-24X50. I THINK IMO THAT THE SIGHTRON IS A BETTER SCOPE. BETTER GLASS IT SEEMS TO BE A SHARPER IMAGE IMO, 30MM TUBE FOR BETTER LIGHT TRANSMISSION AND ALSO MORE ELEVATION ADJUSTMENT.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
If I could afford a $2K Razor HD, I'd spend the extra $100 and get an NF NXS 8-32x56. But alas, I can't afford either one. Or even half of either one. LOL

Hey, I'm still hardcore Zeiss...Don't forget it! But I really can't afford a $3K+ Diavari or Victory. LOL
Nothing wrong with the Razor or the NXS. But that's comparing apples and oranges. The NXS is SFP and the Razor is FFP. Also, the Gen 1 Razor has 125 moa of elevation to 65 moa of the NXS. So...they are different tools for a similar job. I've owned a couple of NightForce scopes, a BR and an NXS, and they were great scopes. I own a couple of Vortex scopes and I'm just as pleased with them. I think it boils down to which scope has the features and reticles a guy needs.....then perhaps price comes into play after that. I would say that both NightForce and Vortex have some of the best warranties and customer service out there.....they really know how to take care of their customers. Take your pick these days....we are blessed to have more and more excellent choices in terms of optics.

BTW, Minox offers some extremely nice German, Schott, glass.....similar to that of Zeiss etc. and at extremely competitive pricing. Purchased a ZA 5 4-20X SF for a rifle I built. I found a Demo scope for just under $500....very nice scope for the money.

Wayne

P.S.

The three Sightron III's I've owned were every bit as good as my NightForce scopes in terms of image quality and repeatability........just not as heavy duty.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Silver Member

Which model do you want? I can get you a pretty good deal on Sightron!!

SH251336 or SH251275 $745.00