Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

sightron SIII glare problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum Member

Re: sightron SIII glare problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkwonder View Post
Like I said before trying to decide between the sightron and the vortex and the nightforce, Im as confused as an infant in a boobie bar. I like that ths sightron is half price, but I really hate to buy one and feel as if I skimped later. I feel like I would be happy with everything about the nightforce, other than the price!
Nothing beats getting behind a rifle and checking optics out, I would try to find a forum member near to you that would help you out.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 12-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Gold Member

Re: sightron SIII glare problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
Were you using a sunshade while aiming towards the sun when it was going down? I have found that the suns rays will reflect off the inside of the sunshade when pointed towards the sun into the lens and cause a lot of glare.

gt40
I actually did not have the sunshade on when I saw the glare. I put the sunshade on and reduced the power and the glare went away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Nothing beats getting behind a rifle and checking optics out, I would try to find a forum member near to you that would help you out.
Ditto. For the price I have loved my Sightron, and I had a Viper HS that was an excellent scope for the $400 I paid for it. They both have things I don't like about them, but the pros more than make up for the cons in my mind, which is why I've owned both.