Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Sightron SIII FFP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Gold Member

Sightron SIII FFP

I just stumbled across this on the Sightron website. If the specs are correct it will be a very fine FFP reticle. It does lose 20 MOA of adjustment though.

Sightron Riflescopes SIII Series SIIISS624X50LRFFPMOA
Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Re: Sightron SIII FFP

INTERESTING...... Can you tell me how you hold for a 10mph wind from the right at 400 yds??????

I would think just holding somewhere out in blank land?????? The nightforce velocity reticle gives you a reference point. Of course I could adjust the windage turret on the right side to compensate for wind mph.

Share your thoughts
ODAVID
Focus your attention on the obstacles you have over came in your life. The question is did you overcome these obstacles all by yourself??? If you think you did (“self made man”) you are wrong and your obstacles will grow stronger and will be repeatedly repeated until you realize just how truly feeble you really are. Give credit to your Creator and ask for his guidance in overcoming future obstacles. .-RD ORR
Old 08-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Gold Member

This reticle is already in use in their SFP scopes and people love it. You have 2MOA hash lines and the posts start at 1 MOA from center. I don't quite get why you would be holding in "blank land"
Old 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

+/-10 MOA of windage hold off should be good for a 10 mph full value wind at about 1,000 yds for 308 Win. I don't see the problem either.

www.HighPowerOptics.com
Sports Optics
Rifle Scope Installation Tool Kits for Rent
Old 08-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Silver Member

Looks like a dam nice scope. Moa windage marks are much more accurate then reticles based off specific ballistic criteria, moa can be used on any firearm, any load, temp or altitude!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Bronze Member

Those SIII's are pretty nice. I just ordered one from Optics Planet, SIII 6-24X50mm. I went with the cheaper model than the original post, It's not the FFP, I got model #25133 for under $700 shipped. I've been looking at these and the Leupold VX-3 for several months. Finally had the money. I should have it in a few weeks.