Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Sightron SIII but no zerostop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Silver Member

Re: Sightron SIII but no zerostop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
True but you don't get lost when trying to get back to your original zero with the zero stop.
I don't think I'll forget the mil/MOA number (setting it to zero at 100 yds) when turn back to zero because if you keep repeating dial up and down over and over.

or write down a piece of tiny paper and tape it over the ring's side. It could work, hmm?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member

My previous post on this thread had nothing to do with the purpose of a zero stop. I bet they can be very useful. My point is that all of a sudden if a scope doesn't have one its not worthy to sit on some people's rifle. I say learn to use your freaking equipment and stop relying solely on gadgets. The gadgets are good but they should aid you, not hinder you if they stop working or in this case if you don't have it. Reminds me of all the soldiers I train always wanting to use a GPS, ballistic calc, laser range finder, etc.

I think we are just getting too spoiled.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I've never had the means to spoil myself.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fear in Accuracy View Post
I don't think I'll forget the mil/MOA number (setting it to zero at 100 yds) when turn back to zero because if you keep repeating dial up and down over and over.

or write down a piece of tiny paper and tape it over the ring's side. It could work, hmm?
My mistake that should have read WITHOUT the zero stop not with see how easy it is to get lost

Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Bronze Member

I've taken note of the horizontal line on the turret that coincides with my zero. If I was really worried that I would forget I could put a dab of paint there.

I dial up and down a lot.......