Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

sightron scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2003, 04:36 PM

sightron scopes

I was just at a gun show in Harrisburg Pa and talked to a gent that thought the world of sighton scopes. He said they track better than leupold's! The thing that got me was he also sold Zeiss, Shmit&bender! He said that the sightron was just as good as the other two companys! Any one have any experince with sightron? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Gold Member

Re: sightron scopes

Bubb,

I'd recommend running a search on the forums here on Sightron. I have an SII6-24x42mmD, and unfortunately right now I am feeling like hammered dog crap, so I don't really wan't to get all into that again.

Short version is, they work, so far as the clicks repeating, and the optics being reasonably clear. The clicks aren't a true 1/8MOA, and they have an unusual number of clicks per revolution on the turret (7.5 vs a whole number) that makes 'clicking' your scope not the most user friendly. For the amount difference in $$$ btwn a Vari-X III 8.5-25x50mm LR/T, I'd say sure, get the Sightron if money is a consideration. But I honestly think they are more down in the Vari-X II class IMHO.

Aacck. There I go. Vocal diarhea again.

Bedtime for bozo. Later.

Monte
Old 09-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanuk View Post
Bubb,

I'd recommend running a search on the forums here on Sightron. I have an SII6-24x42mmD, and unfortunately right now I am feeling like hammered dog crap, so I don't really wan't to get all into that again.

Short version is, they work, so far as the clicks repeating, and the optics being reasonably clear. The clicks aren't a true 1/8MOA, and they have an unusual number of clicks per revolution on the turret (7.5 vs a whole number) that makes 'clicking' your scope not the most user friendly. For the amount difference in $$$ btwn a Vari-X III 8.5-25x50mm LR/T, I'd say sure, get the Sightron if money is a consideration. But I honestly think they are more down in the Vari-X II class IMHO.

Aacck. There I go. Vocal diarhea again.

Bedtime for bozo. Later.

Monte

I had hoped there would be a few more replies to this tread as I am looking at a Leupold mk4 or Sightron and just can't make my mind up.

How do people get on with the Leupold mil dot ret is it fine enough for longrange hunting or Varmint?

Sightron does seem to have a good choice of reticles.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:06 PM

I have never used a Sightron or looked through one but I would find it very hard to believe that they can compare to a Schmit & Bender. Leupold for me has lost its luster, I'll never buy another one. Night Force, Swarovski, & Zeiss will get my money.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Gold Member

I have an s3 6-24 and I can say that is the best scope I have ever used for the money. The glass is great, tracking is great and reticle is great. I don't see zeiss making an moa reticle or leupold either. I would say the glass is right between a night force nxs and a leupold mk4 so it's right up there with the top manufactures. Clicks on the turret are solid and you have 15 moa per turn unlike the vortex pst that is 12 I will be buying another for sure
Savage Target Action 6mm-284
Savage Target Action 6.5x47 Lapua
Savage Predator Hunter Max1 6.5-284 Norma
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Old 09-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Platinum Member

If you search the Forums for Sightron SIII scopes, you'll find ~20 or more positive posts for every negative post. I have 3 of the 6-24x50mm SIIIs, mostly because the weight much less than the $1500 to $3500 scopes, and my rifles are all backpacking rifles. I'm completely content with each of the three. They quite a bargain for their purchase price.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Gold Member

I'd love to give a review of Sightron scopes but as you know they don't have any stocking retail dealers. And I will not buy expensive optics without looking through them. I can't imagine why you'd have such a wacky marketing plan. Seems idiotic to me . I called them and they couldn't tell me where i could look at their optics.. Any company that runs a business like that will never get my business. So I say good luck to you