Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Sightron Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Gold Member

Re: Sightron Scopes

Beluebow,

Thanks for that comparison. Ive looked through the vortex you referenced and I did really like it. The only thing I was worried about was the very thin reticle. Can you compare the reticles? How do you like the Lrmoa on the Sightron?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Silver Member

I have the LRMOA reticle on an S-III 8-32x56 sitting on a 300RUM. For a 2nd.FP reticle I REALLY like it for any range target shooting. I don't hunt with the 16lb. beast but the scope works perfectly. I LOVE the dot in the center of the reticle. At close range (100yds) I can decide what corner of a 1" square on the target I want to pick off. The other reticle on a different brand of scope I enjoy mayby even more in 1st.FP is the Horus H-59.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Gold Member

Armored transpprt,

Would you like the reticle as much for hunting? Do you think it would work well for low light conditions?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Silver Member

I can't see as where it would be a problem. The glass is on par with much more $ scopes. They make an S-III in the 3.5-10 range with a load of ele. adj. and LRMOA that lights up if you think you may need that and if 10 on the top would be enough. They may have others as well by now, it's been a while since I have looked.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boman View Post
or is it just weird that Colorado doesn't have one store that carries them?
When I worked at Center Drug in Glenwood Springs, we carried Sightron. I know because I have one from there. Got a free shirt from the sales rep too! Center Drug is now a Rite Aid I believe. I worked there back in the late 90's so I have no idea about what they sell now or if they even sell guns and stuff anymore.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Silver Member

If I had to chose between the two for a low light close range hunting scope,,the PST wins mostly because it has a illuminated reticle that is variable.For long range shooting and hunting I would give the edge to Sightron with the LRMOA.Neither are a NF, S&B, or USO,,,but their not priced like one,,,for the money you cant go wrong with either in my book.YMMV.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

Okay this is good stuff here. I will call that drug store and see, the ones listed on sightrons site did not but you never know.

The biggest reason im looking at sightron is because of weight, mainly less weight than nightforce. Im not in love with sightron I just want something with good glass and repeatable adjustments. Im not worried about the price either. Im wondering if leupold might work as well. I judge all scopes against nightforce because im most familiar with them..