Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics


Reply

Sightron 10-50x60

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gillette WY
Posts: 733
Sightron 10-50x60

just looking for some people that have used this scope and there thoughts on it. I have the 6-24 S3 and looking to add a 10-50 to the collection
__________________
Remington 700 7mm SAUM Magnum Research Barrel
Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag Ultralight
Remington 700 22-243 Supressed
Savage Target Action 6mm-284
Savage Target Action 6.5x47 Lapua
Savage Predator Hunter Max1 6.5-284 Norma
Savage Predator Hunter Max 1 22-284 Norma
Savage Bear Hunter 338 Win Mag
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 490
Re: Sightron 10-50x60

I have both the sightron SIII 10x50x60 with the 1/8th dot and the SIII 6x24x50 LRMOA. I have used the 10x50x60 to take my two largest KY bucks (11 pointer that scored 155 last year at 586 yards and an 11 pointer that scored 174 2/8ths this year at 634 yards) and it has allowed me to take them with one shot DRT with the Berger 215's out of my 300 RUM. I have just set my 7 MAG up with the 6x24x50 and begun load development. I absolutely love both scopes but the 10x50x60 is my favorite. With it you not only have a rifle scope you have a spotting scope sitting on top of your rifle! I usually shoot and keep it at 30 power while long range hunting. On 30 power I can easily put the black 1/8th dot inside a 2" orange dot at 1000 yards.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 874
Re: Sightron 10-50x60

Why go to the 10-50 instead of the 8-32?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gillette WY
Posts: 733
Re: Sightron 10-50x60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninglover1 View Post
Why go to the 10-50 instead of the 8-32?

I hate the fact that the moa reticle on the 8-32 is only accurate at 24x with that being the case i would rather just have the 6-24. On the 10-50 the reticle is accurate at 24 also with 2 MOA spacing but turn it up to 48x and you now have 1 moa spacing. Why not go up a mere 2x on the low end and pick up 18x on the high end. 4x zoom ratio vs. a 5x zoom ratio
__________________
Remington 700 7mm SAUM Magnum Research Barrel
Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag Ultralight
Remington 700 22-243 Supressed
Savage Target Action 6mm-284
Savage Target Action 6.5x47 Lapua
Savage Predator Hunter Max1 6.5-284 Norma
Savage Predator Hunter Max 1 22-284 Norma
Savage Bear Hunter 338 Win Mag
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 874
Re: Sightron 10-50x60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSteinle View Post
I hate the fact that the moa reticle on the 8-32 is only accurate at 24x with that being the case i would rather just have the 6-24. On the 10-50 the reticle is accurate at 24 also with 2 MOA spacing but turn it up to 48x and you now have 1 moa spacing. Why not go up a mere 2x on the low end and pick up 18x on the high end. 4x zoom ratio vs. a 5x zoom ratio
You'll only have 50 MOA of adjustments on the 10-50 as opposed to 70 MOA on the 8-32. I have also read a ton of things that say the 10-50 was a 2 piece tube, but Sightron's website says that they're 1 piece tubes. I'm not sure if they used to be 2 pieces or if a lot of people just shared the wrong information.

The two piece tube and less elevation were why I was wondering why you wouldn't just go with the 8-32, but since the 10-50 is listed as a one piece tube the only potential downside I see is losing about 10 MOA of usable elevation adjustments.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gillette WY
Posts: 733
Re: Sightron 10-50x60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninglover1 View Post
You'll only have 50 MOA of adjustments on the 10-50 as opposed to 70 MOA on the 8-32. I have also read a ton of things that say the 10-50 was a 2 piece tube, but Sightron's website says that they're 1 piece tubes. I'm not sure if they used to be 2 pieces or if a lot of people just shared the wrong information.

The two piece tube and less elevation were why I was wondering why you wouldn't just go with the 8-32, but since the 10-50 is listed as a one piece tube the only potential downside I see is losing about 10 MOA of usable elevation adjustments.

Ah..50 is plenty. 20 moa base and burris signature zee rings to get it dialed in with just the right amount of cant to get about 45 moa of up. That will get me plenty far
__________________
Remington 700 7mm SAUM Magnum Research Barrel
Remington 700 7mm Rem Mag Ultralight
Remington 700 22-243 Supressed
Savage Target Action 6mm-284
Savage Target Action 6.5x47 Lapua
Savage Predator Hunter Max1 6.5-284 Norma
Savage Predator Hunter Max 1 22-284 Norma
Savage Bear Hunter 338 Win Mag
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC