Re: Sightmark triple duty 8.5 - 25x 50mm ?
Just to follow up in the event anyone is interested in a Sightmark....
I ordered one, got "a deal" using some credit card reward points. they had a 10-40x 56mm, usually lists for just under $300.00. The end price was $220.00, so I figured whay not.
Received it today:
1. Turrets were nice, LOUD, positive clicks, not mushy. Actually nice
2. Side focus was smooth.
3. The scope was heavy, felt and looked decently made.
4. Took a quick look at the house down the block, started to grey up at 32x, but it was just before sundown, so I can't really give a good idea of the light transmission as the power went up.
5. Mildot reticle actually looked pretty good, nice defined dots and thin crosshairs within the mildot field.
6. Ill. reticle had 5 settings on each color (red / green) and the lowest setting was actually not blinding after dark.
7. The scope covers and rings that came with it were crappy, as most are with the "package" deal.
THE PROBLEM: Looking at the 60 watt clear bulb in my dining room overhead lamp, I noticed alot of speckling, as if the darn thing was sandblasted, and a whole bunch of tiny little scratches throughout. The more I looked, the more I noticed. Started to notice very small black specks, and other stuff.
Probably wouldn't have noticed it without looking at the bulb. Took out a cheap assed Centerpoint 4-16x Walmart scope I have on one two of my rimfires, their glass was far and away even better.
So just 2 cents on these - put your money somewhere else. The 8.5-25x is around $200.00, and may seem to be a deal.
The scope body seems pretty good and the turrets are nice, however the glass is like trying to look through a set of glasses that have seen their better day.
...that's what i like about toe tags; one size fits all...