Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Sighting in my New Schmidt and Bender scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Gold Member

Re: Sighting in my New Schmidt and Bender scope

For the price of a S&B I would definatly call them, I will say this though they have a very good customer service and support team. A friend of mine has one of their scopes he was switching it to a different rifle droped it and some how it hit directley on turret and bent it just enough where it wouldn't turn they replaced it with no problem and had very quick turn around. Call em.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Silver Member

What you should have ordered was a CCW turrets, which is what we Americans are used to. But you have a CW (Clock Wise) turret, which is what they are familiar with using.

Had you not mounted it you could return it...... that is unless it comes back out of the rings looking unmounted?

But Ya, CCW would have fixed your familiarity with turning of the turrets for you.

"Only accurate rifle are interesting" Col. Townsend Whelen
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Bronze Member

I did contact Schmidt and Benderís customer service department out of Claremont, NH. I explained the issue, and the rep told me exactly that. I should have ordered CCW turrets! He was nice enough to say send the scope to him and he will see what he can do. I know it was my fault for purchasing the wrong scope in the first place, but I had ZERO clue of the issue. Since I spend $3,500, I hope the company would be nice enough to replace the scope for what I want, even though the scope as mounted and shot three times. I have my fingers crossed. I really donít want a scope that I have to think backwards before adjusting for wind.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Bronze Member

Schmidt and Bender ended up replacing my scope for a new CCW rotation scope. S&B's customer service department rocks! I told them the truth, (I order the wrong scope) and they replaced the scope with no questions asked. Thank you for your help.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Silver Member

That's good news, and you're right, when you spend that kind of $$ you should get high end service in return. But Ya, Schmidt & Bender is a great company making excellent products that should cater to their customers.

Good hunting!

"Only accurate rifle are interesting" Col. Townsend Whelen