Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Shot show...So what great optic releases can we expect to see in 2011?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Shot show...So what great optic releases can we expect to see in 2011?

I hpe March is going to come out with some normal hunting scopes!! On the one I need only want 12 to 14 power max.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zupatun View Post
Is "new G7" a scope? Details?
Yes, it is a Nightforce 5-22, with shortened paralax and windage, also custom turret to match rifles balistic profile, and a new reticle. Now for sale. A smith on this site sells them, Coyboy, sorry if Im wrong and gseven, ak Aaron Davidson

Last edited by sp6x6; 01-18-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Platinum Member

Sightron's new 3.5-10x44 with the new MOA reticle looks really nice. I think they are SFP though which is a bummer.

The new Premier hunter looks promising. FFP, good power range for what I like and the Gen 2 reticle is pretty nice IMO. Not sure what the price will be though.

Vortex's new HS line could be cool but I am not sure what the real draw is compared to the PST. Their reticle options are much worse. They are still just as heavy as the PST line. It will be good to hear more info on them too, but when is the big question of the day.

I was really wanting more FFP options for long range use but we didn't get much. We are moving in the right direction though I think.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
I hpe March is going to come out with some normal hunting scopes!! On the one I need only want 12 to 14 power max.
Get a 2.5-25X or 3-24X and just don't turn it up all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot E View Post
I was really wanting more FFP options for long range use but we didn't get much. We are moving in the right direction though I think.
We're definitely moving the right direction. More and more choices are popping up all the time. Now is a really good time to be scope shopping--compared with just 5 years ago the number of quality scopes out there has increased dramatically. There are more coming soon as well that might not be ready for SHOT but will be fairly soon.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A View Post
We're definitely moving the right direction. More and more choices are popping up all the time. Now is a really good time to be scope shopping--compared with just 5 years ago the number of quality scopes out there has increased dramatically. There are more coming soon as well that might not be ready for SHOT but will be fairly soon.

I sure am anxious to see what the new SS scopes will be like. If they come out with a slightly more long range hunting oriented scope: FFP 4-12 or 4-16, and a better reticle, while maybe reducing the size of their turrets just a bit for hunting situations I don't know who is going to be able to beat them. They are such a great product now and competitively priced! Those additions would be awesome!

That is what I am hoping, that a few more options hit the street later this spring or summer.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Funny you should mention.... How does a 5-20X50 HD SS sound? FFP, Mil/Mil, very nice reticle, illumination, really good glass.... Mouth watering yet? That's the rumor anyway, I guess we'll all see fairly soon.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A View Post
Funny you should mention.... How does a 5-20X50 HD SS sound? FFP, Mil/Mil, very nice reticle, illumination, really good glass.... Mouth watering yet? That's the rumor anyway, I guess we'll all see fairly soon.
Oh Mama! Only thing I would have liked to see was a 40mm version but I won't complian too much! Gotta hava, Gotta hava!