Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

shepherd scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2005, 09:32 AM

shepherd scopes

Hello All, Has anyone any knowlege of Shepherd scopes, made in the USA. how good or bad are they ?and are they worth the money. any feed back most welcome.thanks. Derrick.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Silver Member

Re: shepherd scopes

I heard they are made by the same company in asia that makes other brands of scopes? But like everthing else in this world, don't really know. Heck after reading the ACI post I ain't sure of anything anymore! However I was told that the scope where made by Light Optical Inc . I'am going to go and look for a link for you that has a lot of info on scopes and will try and post the URL. Be advised up front, I have not had much luck doing this in the past so you will have to take the address and run with the ball sorta speak. Hope what follows will be of some help! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Silver Member

Well friend if the following doesn't add to your confusion, then I simply haven't done my best. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Try this out. Scopes and sports optics page.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Silver Member

Well this has been discussed here several times. I will be the first to say save your money. I have had one and will never own another. Great concept but poor quality. thats just my two cents worth. there are others that will differ with me. I wish you better luck if you buy one than I had.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Bronze Member

Good friend at work took two rifles in the blind on a S. Texas hunt (don't ask why). One was equipped with a Shepherd and the other a Kahles. At first light, he could tell that the deer feeding in the field was a buck with the Shepherd. With the Kahles, not only could he see the antlers but he could count and judge the antlers. This was the same guy who thought the Shepherd was the cat's meow. Guess who sold his "favorite" Shepherd scope.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Gold Member

Yorke, I bought one about 14 years ago. Soon after I started using it, the secondary reticle would move slightly.
Later, a friend bought one & had problems with it. Even though I like the idea, I decided that 2 out of 2 was not
good & sold mine.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:17 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Well this has been discussed here several times. I will be the first to say save your money. I have had one and will never own another. Great concept but poor quality. thats just my two cents worth. there are others that will differ with me. I wish you better luck if you buy one than I had.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen...This sums up my thoughts exactly...sakofan..
I really wish the glass quality was better. I think a RFP/FFP scope like that is ingenious.