Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Scope ring lock nut - which side is best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member

Scope ring lock nut - which side is best?

I am looking to mount my NF rings onto my 20 MOA base and have been trying to deside which side of the rifle is best to have the lock nuts.

On other rifles I have seen there seems to be no particular golden rule, but more seem to be on the left side?

On the right side they could limit access to the mag for loading and on the left side they could limit the view of the bubble level or ACI.

So what do you think is best?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Scope ring lock nut - which side is best?

I mount mine on the left side, for no particular reason. Does not block my view of the ACI, and my anti-cant device is uptop.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Scope ring lock nut - which side is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topshot View Post
I am looking to mount my NF rings onto my 20 MOA base and have been trying to deside which side of the rifle is best to have the lock nuts.

On other rifles I have seen there seems to be no particular golden rule, but more seem to be on the left side?

On the right side they could limit access to the mag for loading and on the left side they could limit the view of the bubble level or ACI.

So what do you think is best?
There is no "BEST" just the way that looks and works best for you.

I place mine on the left side away from the port.

J E CUSTOM