Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Scope recomendations please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM

Re: Scope recomendations please

NRA AM is April 25 to 27 at Indy.

If you can make that you can look through and try the adjustments of about any scope around to help you decide.

Got a Hawke awhile back. Big in Europe and just getting started Stateside. Liked it so much I got several more. Had an issue with one and their product service is the TOPS. All their scopes are rated to mount on anything. No issue with recoil in any direction backed by lifetime guarantee. Love the SR Pro reticule and free ballistic program.

I look at a lifetime guarantee by any manufacturer as believing in his product.

Am slowly upgrading to LR scopes for dim light and dark backgrounds. I think you would be well served to look for LR in whatever you are laying out skins for.

IMHO at 200 yds if you have to choose between LR and AO take the LR.

Had years of good service from Burris.

You really need to look through and fiddle with the adjustments to see what feels and looks natural to you.