Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Scope recomendations please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member

Scope recomendations please

I'm going to be getting a new scope for the muzzelloader this year to help with the longershots and the lower light these are the ones I have narrowed it down to

Burris Fullfield II 3.5-10 x50mm

Nikon Monarch 3.3-10 x44mm

Weaver grandslam 3.5-10 x50mm

Nikon Buckmaster 4-12 x50mm

I'm not wanting to spend more than $350 and I figured that these have a good following but I have not had the chance to look through anyof them yet to compair , i generaly won't buy a scope without doing a side by side compairison but I'm to tied up with work to do alot of running around and compairing so I'm turing to you guys for help

Thanks for any advice or comments
Old 11-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Silver Member

Re: Scope recomendations please

Honestly there all good scopes, I'm really digging the new Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 SF. But would probably go with the Burris with the B-Plex on a ML. That reticle would work very well from a ML.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Silver Member

Between the scopes mentioned, I would recommend either the Nikon Monarch or the Weaver Grand Slam. I really like the Weaver optically, but don't really care for it cosmetically. I don't like the big rubber power ring. The Nikon Monarch is a great scope and really tough to beat it for the money.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

I haven't had the chance to look at these scopes side by side to make a compairison that i alway do when buying a new scope that I'm not sure about so if anybody has made any compairisons could you tell me which of the group is the brightest and clearest.
Again this scope will be going on a muzzel loader that won't be shot past 200yds but will be used in low light and in dense woods
Old 11-25-2005, 09:37 AM

JDJONES: Night Force makes a cool little variable 2.5 - 10 that is awesome. The internal components, such as the springs, errector tube and its overall build are Very High Quality, the click value is exactly as stated and it will HOLD IT'S ZERO. There are also different reticles available to choose from.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Platinum Member

your right and its a scope I'd love to have but its about $600 out of my price range

I have a couple Simmons Aetechs laying around I may end up just using one of those
Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Bronze Member

Nikon is developing a rep for fragility among ppl I hunt and talk hunting with. The rumor is plastic internal components can't hang after a few years.

This is what I'm getting from bearbasin.com:

Euro Diamond Scopes

Don't Forget, Free Land Mark 8X 32 Binoculars With Your Euro Diamond Riflescope!

Description

Order No.

Price

1.5-6x40mm (30mm Tube) Matte 3P#4 Posi-Lk

BUR200960

$419.

I looked through a similar Fujinon I bought for a muzzleloader last summer. Great glass, but I cannot vouch for adjustments b/c it didn't have the HVD I wanted.