Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

scope for the poor man

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Bronze Member

Re: scope for the poor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
There are some Weaver variable power scopes that look awefully good. Last I looked at had an illuminated reticule that turned on via a small button on the objective lens. Looked good...felt good too...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg View Post
Another that comes to mind is Mueller (Mueller Rifle scopes). I've heard lots of good about them as far as getting a lot for your $$$. I will add that I've never looked through one yet, however.
There are a number of good choices as long as they meet your specs. Lot of good sales on right now too.

Bill
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Bronze Member

Not sure if it's made anymore but Tasco made a model called the World Class Plus a few moons ago and it was about $150, 10-40 power non the less.. bought one and still in use today.. never had a problem with it and it's clear, bright and stays and adjusts without ever having any problem..
Old 01-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Silver Member

Hey there my friend just had the same deal you do. He went from bsa6x24 to the Redfield revenge 6-18. Scope is fantastic for the price, fineplex retical really make long shots nice.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in the Laurels View Post
Not sure if it's made anymore but Tasco made a model called the World Class Plus a few moons ago and it was about $150, 10-40 power non the less.. bought one and still in use today.. never had a problem with it and it's clear, bright and stays and adjusts without ever having any problem..
got one of those in the garbage can out back...had it about a week I guess is all..Will not adjust to the right any more..???????
Old 01-12-2013, 03:27 AM
Bronze Member

Here's my son with the model I'm talking about, he won a lot of long range groundhog matches with his and that's adjusting 100-300-500 yards constantly...and this scope is still hanging in there.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ss-20x-105545/

here's your scope
Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Silver Member

Frank / Laurels , those World Class Plus Tascos were made in Taiwan maybe 10 or 15 years ago and only for a short time . Optics were very good , but I never saw them for $150 ..... saw them at Pa. shows for around $225 to $250 . Had a friend who always laughed at Tascos until he tried one ....then put it on his Sako Varminter . These are nothing like todays Chinese Tascos . I still have one new in Box . The Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X available today has Optics way beyond its price point .