Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Scope Mount Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Gold Member

Scope Mount Help

OK got my scope mounted, everything lapped, leveled, snugged down. use the old bore sight of looking thru bore at a spot on target, cross hairs were couple inches high, so I turn the dial down and the cross hairs move up away from target dot, I move dial "up" and it lowers into the target dot, is this normal when bore sighting that you turn the dial opposite of direction you need it to go?
thanks
Old 08-23-2012, 11:58 PM

Re: Scope Mount Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalebow View Post
OK got my scope mounted, everything lapped, leveled, snugged down. use the old bore sight of looking thru bore at a spot on target, cross hairs were couple inches high, so I turn the dial down and the cross hairs move up away from target dot, I move dial "up" and it lowers into the target dot, is this normal when bore sighting that you turn the dial opposite of direction you need it to go?
thanks
Yes you have to move it the opposite direction when looking through the barrel borsighting.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Gold Member

Thats what I thought, been a while and thought I had a mis marked knobs for a min, now I remember. Taking the R8 to the range in the morning
Old 08-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalebow View Post
thanks

Dont feel badly.... I screw it up with every scope I mount!!! If I cant see some sort of target while looking thru the scope at the same time....I end up turning the screws the wrong way.....

While looking at the same time it doesnt matter which way I turn the screws....I can see the reticule move and can see if Im going the correct way.......if Im not I can STOP....and twist the screw the other direction!!

Dad never said I was the brightest bulb in the pack!.......lol