Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

which scope mount and bases for my new savage build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Silver Member

which scope mount and bases for my new savage build?

i was going to buy the defensive edege with aci but i didnt realise it never came with the mounts. which base and mounts are you using and why?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: which scope mount and bases for my new savage build?

For my apps i use Badger ordnance and Seekins.I have never had a problem with either! I use the badgers on all of my stuff where weight isn't an issue because they are steel. On the rifles i'd like to cut a little weight on i use the seekins.

These are both tough as nails no b.s mounts and rings! And i have heard that these guys have exellent customer servise.Are they exspensive? Yes they are but IMHO i think they are worth it!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Silver Member

I have taken a look at the badgers they look wicked, but I gotta try and stay on budget hahabut they are definatly up there.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Silver Member

The Burris XTR rings are dang good and very reasonably priced. It would be worth your time and trouble to lap them before installing the scope though.

Bases on a budget, EGW is good.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Gold Member

I just bought the Ken Farrell 20 MOA base and topped it with TPS rings. I had heard a lot of good things about this set up and the price was more in line with what I wanted to spend. It's been on the gun for about a month and there are absolutely no issues with this set up whatsoever. This setup is dead nuts at 100 yds all the way out to 1060 yds.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Silver Member

i have been looking at the farrels as well i think those might be what i go with
they are a pretty good price
Old 05-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester View Post
The Burris XTR rings are dang good and very reasonably priced. It would be worth your time and trouble to lap them before installing the scope though.

Bases on a budget, EGW is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moman View Post
I just bought the Ken Farrell 20 MOA base and topped it with TPS rings. I had heard a lot of good things about this set up and the price was more in line with what I wanted to spend. It's been on the gun for about a month and there are absolutely no issues with this set up whatsoever. This setup is dead nuts at 100 yds all the way out to 1060 yds.
I did a combination of these two.

I'm using a EGW 20moa base and TPS rings. Couldn't be happier.