Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics


Reply

Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5
Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc I have the 300 and 257 Wheatherby Magnums and need to fit scopes. this will be used for short and long range sniper shooting and hunting.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 13
Re: Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

I'm new to long range but I'll see if I can help. Never looked thru or held a monarch. Just recvieved the a millett lrs today in the mail. 35mm version with 56mm objective. Glass looks good {I've never looked thru a >$1500 scope}. My question was the supplied mounts. After recieving, I mounted the millet on the accumark 300 wby mag. today at lunch. The rings were to high. About 1/2" or a little more from the barrel. I called bushnell and they confiremed I had the medium or .642?? rings and would need the low .476?? rings. Hope this helps if you choose the millett lrs.

LRHUNTER1320.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 366
Re: Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRHUNTER1320 View Post
I'm new to long range but I'll see if I can help. Never looked thru or held a monarch. Just recvieved the a millett lrs today in the mail. 35mm version with 56mm objective. Glass looks good {I've never looked thru a >$1500 scope}. My question was the supplied mounts. After recieving, I mounted the millet on the accumark 300 wby mag. today at lunch. The rings were to high. About 1/2" or a little more from the barrel. I called bushnell and they confiremed I had the medium or .642?? rings and would need the low .476?? rings. Hope this helps if you choose the millett lrs.

LRHUNTER1320.
60 bucks a pair in low medium and high these after market are beefee
with a 20 moa rail I'm getting 120 moa of ajustment when "0" is 32 and again 300 yrds. glass is great (killed a ground squirrel at 1100 (barked him)lrs-1) repeatable in every way 2000 rounds under it from a 300wmit kind of greys a little at 25 power but not bad. at anything under it is sharp and clear. on mine set at 12x the yrd marks on the parallax nob seem to correlate well with image stability but on 24 its parralax is set at 700 when shooting 1100. on 24x @ 1500yrds image stability hits the infinity mark. threw all the adjustments the 0 stays firm
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 13
Re: Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

load, thanks for the reply. I dont want to threadjack so you have inspired me to start my own thread. Its titled "millett lrs1 .1mil/newbie questions"

Help me out over there if you can and good luck to antonjengel on makeing the right decision.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Re: Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

You will NOT be disappointed with the Monarch! I have a 5x20 Monarch and I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything. The eye relief is awesome, the lenses are crystal clear, and it will hold up to anything you put it through. I loved the fact that they come with a sun shade and extra turrets. Just my two cents
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Re: Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by load View Post
60 bucks a pair in low medium and high these after market are beefee
with a 20 moa rail I'm getting 120 moa of ajustment when "0" is 32 and again 300 yrds. glass is great (killed a ground squirrel at 1100 (barked him)lrs-1) repeatable in every way 2000 rounds under it from a 300wmit kind of greys a little at 25 power but not bad. at anything under it is sharp and clear. on mine set at 12x the yrd marks on the parallax nob seem to correlate well with image stability but on 24 its parralax is set at 700 when shooting 1100. on 24x @ 1500yrds image stability hits the infinity mark. threw all the adjustments the 0 stays firm
My guess is it is graying at 25X mainly because you are getting just over a 2 mm exit pupil added to the glass being very good but not top tier stuff. I'll give you $200 for that crappy graying junker....LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: utah
Posts: 366
Re: Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybar View Post
My guess is it is graying at 25X mainly because you are getting just over a 2 mm exit pupil added to the glass being very good but not top tier stuff. I'll give you $200 for that crappy graying junker....LOL!
no way i love this junker scope;-}
the greying really isnt that bad. Sunday I was able to see chuckers milling around my target at 1100 yrds on 25x. per x setting the field of view is really wide and seems larger/closer than any of my other scope
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Which scope: Millet 6-24x56 Tactical Mill Dott VS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 Sf Bdc
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Used Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 bdoolen Optics For Sale 0 03-13-2012 11:47 AM
WTT Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 hweissert Optics For Sale 0 07-10-2011 10:55 PM
NIKON TACTICAL 30mm Monarch X Scope thumper580 Optics For Sale 0 06-03-2011 07:18 AM
WTS Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 wfjames Optics For Sale 5 02-23-2011 05:55 PM
nikon monarch 6-24x50 with bdc huntermncb Optics For Sale 5 01-24-2010 02:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC