Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Which scope for long range hunting on Sako A7?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM

Which scope for long range hunting on Sako A7?

I'm thinking about buying a Sako A7 rifle in .300 win mag.Not because .300 is the best.Just because I would be able to shoot up to a 1000 yards with it and the ammo is reasonably priced.

The problem is I don't know which scope(around $500) is a good match for Sako A7.I know some good scopes like Leupold Mark 4 and Burris Eliminator,but those scopes are more expensive than the rifle I'm gonna buy!By the way,the scope I'm looking for should be fogproof,shockproof,and waterproof.

I appreciate your suggestions.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Which scope for long range hunting on Sako A7?

Just as a rule of of thumb, most people spend 1.5x-2x the price of the gun, on the scope, rings, and base. Just to let you know, incase you weren't familiar with the old rule of thumb for guns and scopes.

Also, when it comes to shooting a grand, you will want the absolute best equipment you can afford. Maybe even save up to afford better glass than what you previously planned on buying.

I would look more into the $1,000-$1,200 range. Such as Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, and Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50.

EGW HD bases and TPS TSR HD rings are what I use for my long-range setups.

If you want to go low-budget, but functional, go with the EGW bases, TPS rings, and a Konus M-30 8.5-32x52 scope. It's the best and most functional setup for the money. I have this setup on my 700 5R b/c I was unable to purchase a high-end scope at the time....And so far, the scope is working fine. The rings and bases are way better quality than their pricetag, I can assure you. They are precision and strength on a budget.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Just as a rule of of thumb, most people spend 1.5x-2x the price of the gun, on the scope, rings, and base. Just to let you know, incase you weren't familiar with the old rule of thumb for guns and scopes.

Also, when it comes to shooting a grand, you will want the absolute best equipment you can afford. Maybe even save up to afford better glass than what you previously planned on buying.

I would look more into the $1,000-$1,200 range. Such as Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, and Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50.

EGW HD bases and TPS TSR HD rings are what I use for my long-range setups.

Thanks for help.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:39 AM

There are plenty of option of different range for your Sako a7 Rifle but i think you should go for Vortex Products. All riflescope from vortex brand are much cheaper than others like Nightforce, Swarovski etc.

Considering your budget i would recommend go for "Vortex PST-210S1-M Viper PST 2.5-10x44 EBR-1 Riflescope" cost of $599.00 or "Vortex VHS-4305-LR Viper HS 4-16x44 LR Dead-Hold BDC Riflescope" cost around $549.99. You can read the specification of these products and browse more riflescope as per choice from eurooptic.com -a famous online dealer of guns and optics.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Which scope for long range hunting on Sako A7?-vortex-viper-hs-4-16x44-lr-rifle-scope-dead-hold-bdc-reticle.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elora123 View Post
There are plenty of option of different range for your Sako a7 Rifle but i think you should go for Vortex Products. All riflescope from vortex brand are much cheaper than others like Nightforce, Swarovski etc.

Considering your budget i would recommend go for "Vortex PST-210S1-M Viper PST 2.5-10x44 EBR-1 Riflescope" cost of $599.00 or "Vortex VHS-4305-LR Viper HS 4-16x44 LR Dead-Hold BDC Riflescope" cost around $549.99. You can read the specification of these products and browse more riflescope as per choice from eurooptic.com -a famous online dealer of guns and optics.

Thanks for your suggestions elora123