Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Scope Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Silver Member

Scope Electronics

I'm completely incompetent when it comes to technology I swear it seams like I'm the only person my age with out Facebook I guess this site is like my Facebook everyone of my mates are on Facebook I'm on this. I don't care for technology I'm learning though it's a vicious struggle, I'm very curious about these computer programs that help sight in your rifles or something iv tried reading in to it but I can't get a straight answer or maybe it's above my feeble technological mind, if someone out there can point me in the right direction on what program i should buy I'd be interested in trying one of these programs out. Do they do wonder and **** cucumbers or are they really not worth trying?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Gold Member

Re: Scope Electronics

[QUOTE=Aussie_hunter;666220 I'd be interested in trying one of these programs out. Do they do wonder and **** cucumbers or are they really not worth trying?[/QUOTE]

Why make your hunting experience miserable? Next you'll be wanting a laser rangefinder and a Kestrel 4500 with ATRAG to measure the wind, air density, and compute your trajectories. You don't need any of that, just a reasonably flat shooting rifle. You don't even need a scope. Zero your rifle for 150 yards then stalk to within 200 yards of your quarry, aim and shoot.

Why would you want to hike more than two hundred yards to recover a kill if you don't need to?

Last edited by LouBoyd; 06-24-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Scope Electronics

LouBoyd has a point but here is some info anyway.

I assume your referring to ballistic programs. Here is one from Berger Bullets that is a free download.

Berger Bullets

Here is the JB ballistic program that is online but free to use. Start with the Trajectory-Simplified.

JBM - Calculations

Both of these programs are quite good for calculating hold over or dialing info for long range shooting. Just fool with them you will get it!

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein