Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

which scope to buy? Another zeiss?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Bronze Member

which scope to buy? Another zeiss?

Hey Guys! I just bought a rock river arms 308 predator with a SS 20 inch barrel. I have always wanted an ar10 style weapon and I finally got it. I am looking for another scope to go atop of it. I have a zeiss 4.5-14x50 on my ar15 20inch SS barrel and I love it. I was wondering if there is a scope that would be a great choice that goes from 4-16 or 4-18? I have a huskemaw 5-20lr and love it, but don't want to spend that kind of money. I am wanting to keep it under 1000, preferable around 800, so, the zeiss fits the price range but I was hoping to find something a little higer powered. Any ideas? anyone want to sell me their huskemaw 5-20? lol Thanks, BJ
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Bronze Member

Re: which scope to buy? Another zeiss?

forgot to say this, whatever scope I get, it will need to be able to have custom dial turrets for it. can you get custom turrets for the vortex viper
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Bronze Member

Re: which scope to buy? Another zeiss?

Well, forget this thread! I just ordered a zeiss 4.5-14x50 with target turrets. I found a company who had some on clearance for a great price. $579 new in the box plus 18 shipping.