Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Scope/ammo for my RRA Fred Eichler AR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-08-2014, 01:58 AM
Scope/ammo for my RRA Fred Eichler AR?

I just received my Rock River Arms Fred Eichler series AR in .223 caliber and I am seeking information from others who may have this rifle.

I spoke with Fred Eichler and he suggested 53 grain Hornady ammo but had no recommendation on a scope.

Will be shooting out to 400-500 yards on predators and maybe javelina, so what kind of scope and ammo would YOU recommend?

Unread 07-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Bronze Member
Re: Scope/ammo for my RRA Fred Eichler AR?

Tagging, because I just got my RRA Predator Pursuit 20" upper today and have almost the exact same question. The lower has been built for over a year, constantly complaining to me about not being useful yet.

NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
NRA Certified Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
Unread 07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Silver Member
Re: Scope/ammo for my RRA Fred Eichler AR?

that 53 grain stuff is a good idea you get a nice speed boost with that superformance. you need all you can get in an ar 15 especially when you start off with a short 16" barrel. I would look at a scope with a bdc type reticle. bushnell elite scopes are my personal favorite. a 3x9 mounted in a RRA mount or to save a few ounces a b square mount. the mount choice is my personal choice and not for everyone as it puts the scope a little higher than other mounts.