Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Scope/ammo for my RRA Fred Eichler AR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 01:58 AM

Scope/ammo for my RRA Fred Eichler AR?

I just received my Rock River Arms Fred Eichler series AR in .223 caliber and I am seeking information from others who may have this rifle.

I spoke with Fred Eichler and he suggested 53 grain Hornady ammo but had no recommendation on a scope.

Will be shooting out to 400-500 yards on predators and maybe javelina, so what kind of scope and ammo would YOU recommend?

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Scope/ammo for my RRA Fred Eichler AR?

Tagging, because I just got my RRA Predator Pursuit 20" upper today and have almost the exact same question. The lower has been built for over a year, constantly complaining to me about not being useful yet.

Matt
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
Purveyor of bad jokes.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Silver Member

Re: Scope/ammo for my RRA Fred Eichler AR?

that 53 grain stuff is a good idea you get a nice speed boost with that superformance. you need all you can get in an ar 15 especially when you start off with a short 16" barrel. I would look at a scope with a bdc type reticle. bushnell elite scopes are my personal favorite. a 3x9 mounted in a RRA mount or to save a few ounces a b square mount. the mount choice is my personal choice and not for everyone as it puts the scope a little higher than other mounts.