Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Which scope?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Which scope?

Mach V, I don't understand what you mean in your reply. If the rifle is sighted in on 8X and you go to 12X does the point of impact change for the main crosshairs or the ballistic lines? I believe what you say I just don't understand the concept. Thank you for your reply.......Tony
Old 12-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member

Its not you!After I reread it I didnt understand it either [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
It can be both depending on the scope.
Shoot a group at full power some time and then turn the power down to 1/2 of its value and shoot another group.The point of impact changes in some scopes and it dont take much of a change in power to change point of impact sometimes.
What I realy ment by it is this.Most of the scopes set thier rangeing reticles at full power but lets say you find out the reticle matches you load better turned down a couple of xs.All is good and fine till you turn the scope up to view something or down to cut the mirage a little better and forget to turn it back to its calibrated setting.Not a problem if your shooting a town full of prairie dogs but if you miss the only groundhog you've sean all day it becomes a problem.
Give me too many choices,buttons or setting and I'll screw it up as often as it helps [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2004, 10:06 PM
daveosok

Mach V
Why not give premeir reticles a shot and see what they can do for you on your scope?
Old 12-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Bronze Member

I understand what you mean. I think I'll stick with a fine plex and go from there. I'll try the target knobs. I might have a place to shoot out to 350 yards and I can try to figure the number of clicks to each yardage at the range. Thank you again for the reply. Tony
Old 12-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Bronze Member

Daveosok,What do you mean about a premier reticle. Is that a regular duplex or a dot? Thank you......Tony
Old 12-12-2004, 06:11 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Daveosok,What do you mean about a premier reticle. Is that a regular duplex or a dot? Thank you......Tony

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a company that does AMAZING things to Loopie scopes!!

http://www.premierreticles.com/
..sakofan...
Old 12-12-2004, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mach V
Why not give premeir reticles a shot and see what they can do for you on your scope?

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly are you refering to "premeir reticles"?