Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Scope for .50 Cal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Bronze Member

Scope for .50 Cal.

Ok so my Bro. in-law bought a .50 cal. Barrett. He is trying to decide on a scope for it. He has looked at NightForce. I told him I would ask on here what some of you might suggest. He wants a scope that is going to stand up to the abuse of the recoil from that rifle and is fine with spending what ever it costs. However I would say his cap would be in the $2,500 range. So please make some suggestions so we can do some research.

Thanks,
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Scope for .50 Cal.

If you go to Night Force website they used to have an article where the military did a test with the NXS and they fired several thousand rounds with out any Issue from the same scope most of the rounds was from a .50 Cal Barret and the rest I believe was from a Russian round that was even bigger than the 50.cal. (been along time sense I read it)

NF gets my vote
Lets us know what its like to fire the 50. I know if my brother inlaw had one I wouldnt leave him alone until I got to shoot it
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

Tel hiim to check into the Nightforce BEAST scopes. They're build to for huge recoil platforms.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member

Barret supplies there M82 AI with both the Nightforce and the Leupold Mark 4 on them.

There BORS system fits ether. Mine came with the Leupold and has worked fine with hundreds
of rounds down the tube.

Ether one will work good.

The Schmitt Bender will also work , but it starts at 3000.00 and needs special mounts.

J E CUSTOM
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Gold Member

There are a bunch of scopes that could work but the NF is just to easy an answer. Besides they are Idaho and that beats Oregon in my book. Sorry orogonians, I know you aint all bad but your voting masses are.........oh dam.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.ID View Post
There are a bunch of scopes that could work but the NF is just to easy an answer. Besides they are Idaho and that beats Oregon in my book. Sorry orogonians, I know you aint all bad but your voting masses are.........oh dam.

I don,t know much about Oregon, but I do know about Leupold,And I like there product and there
treatment of our servicemen. If you are active in the milatiary they will let you purchase
2 of anykind of there scopes at thier cost per year. Also the Lifetime replacement to anyone
that has there scope is hard to beat.

There is no question that the Night Force is a good scope and would be one of the top choices,
But I just like the Leupolds because I have never been dissapointed or had one fail me.

In fact it is the only scope that I will buy used.

J E CUSTOM
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Gold Member

Yes, do not get me wrong as I am just kidding around. Leupolds all good, kinda spendy for what they are in such a competitive market but all good.