Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Which scope for a 460 XVR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Silver Member

Re: Which scope for a 460 XVR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
Not sure why i wrote dimpling? I guess I was typing from my iphone and not proofreading. I meant Aimpoint red dot or Aimpoint Hunter series red dot. They have a 2 moa dot and huge eye relief like a scout scope. Let me know how you make out and take a video if you can?. I am curious to see how you hold it and what scope looks like it works the best for mine too.

I will definitely try to get a video. It's probably going to be a while, though. I'm also in the middle of a 300 ultra mag build right now and my extra funds are going toward that right now. Probably going to be towards the middle of summer before I get a scope for this pistol. I will post it when i get it.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrdbycotn View Post
I've watched a bunch of videos, too. I haven't seen anybody hit with the gun in any of them. I finally decided I was going to quit watching videos and actually do it for myself and I found that while it does pack a good punch I don't think it will come any closer to hitting me than my 338 lapua ackley improved will. If it does I will take a picture of my eye and post it here but until then I'm going to go with a low magnification rifle scope. Thank you for your opinion.
Fair enough, I await the photos
Old 02-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member

If i find some specialty bullets and they fly well, i'll let you know.