Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Schmidt & Bender Awarded the PSR Contract

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Old 06-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Schmidt & Bender Awarded the PSR Contract

Man... you had my hopes up for a minute. Till I seen the Special Forces part, I quit reading after that.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Platinum Member

More of the tax payers money going over seas, when it could have been spent hear
on the Night force or Mark 4 Leupold.

J E CUSTOM
Old 06-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Custom View Post
More of the tax payers money going over seas, when it could have been spent hear

J E CUSTOM
Absolutely correct. If you get to wondering why the German economy is doing well, while others riot in the streets here's a good example.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

I understand what you guys are saying, but.. there's a reason why Schmidt & Bender was awarded the contract. The NF, Leupold, Premier.... and other scopes tested failed.. and some failed miserably. Schmidt is undoubtedly the leader in the high end optical arena..
Old 06-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Silver Member

I,AM not understanding THE SPECIAL FORCES COMMENT..but there is no way you can compare nightforce and leupold quality or especially glass to schmidt & bender.why wasnt US OPTICS included,,, it,s american made ...just looking for a friendly answer..not a argument.
thanks pete
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Custom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
Absolutely correct. If you get to wondering why the German economy is doing well, while others riot in the streets here's a good example.
I agree with you both on buying American made products, I wish it was that simple. But I also want the best equipment I can get when going into combat. Our M24's still have 20+ year old designed fixed 10x M3A's. All our rifle scopes are Leupold. However, two of my section's SWS are down because their scopes are waiting to be sent in to Leupold for repairs (they won't adjust). My last Leupold was sent in four times for mechanical failures. For hunting/target shooting/competition is one thing, but when my guys have bullets flying at them...that's another. I don't care if it was made on the moon, I need the confidence that it will perform. Would I feel undergunned with NightForce? Not at all, but I sure wouldn't hesitate mounting a S&B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
I,AM not understanding THE SPECIAL FORCES COMMENT..but there is no way you can compare nightforce and leupold quality or especially glass to schmidt & bender.why wasnt US OPTICS included,,, it,s american made ...just looking for a friendly answer..not a argument.
thanks pete
If you are refering to me with the "I,AM not understanding THE SPECIAL FORCES COMMENT..", it says in the article "These scopes will be used by special forces for the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps."

Also, US Optics did submit a scope for testing.