Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Schmidt & Bender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 AM
SPONSOR

ses50,
Was the USO a first or second focal plane?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Silver Member

First Focal Plane. The nice thing about the USO scopes is that they are made to your specs. If you want more travel just order it with a 35mm or 40mm tube. They have metric or moa reticles. They have different types of elevation knows. One of the best features I think they have is the EREK elevation knob. It is full travel in two turns and it is really easy to read. You can go to www.usoptics.com and configure a scope online and see all the options you can get with them.

The one I just orders for my 338 Lapua is the SN-3 T-pal 3-17. They are sending the scope body and all the external parts to my gunsmith so that when the gunsmith ceramic coats all the metal peices of the rifle he will coat the scope body as well. So all the metal on the rifle will match. This is the second scope I have bought from them and they are very easy to work with and are extreemly flexible. They are not cheap though. I think I will have about $3000 into the scope, anti-cant device and sunshade when I am all finish.

SES
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 12-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Gold Member

S&B are one of the best in the buisness - you won't be disappointed in them!!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Silver Member

I have a Leupy Mk4 16x and I thought that it was the bee's knees.

I have a PGWDTI Timberwolf in .338LM w/ a 3-12x56 S&B PMII LR w/a 34mm tube and it's much better than the Leupy.

You will not be disappointed.

Stercus Accidit.

Nice try means you suck spelled different.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:07 PM

I have a SB Classic 3-12x42 #8 mounted on my .257 Weatherby Accumark.

I did a bunch of homework on many of the high end scopes (Swarovski, Leupold VX 7, Zeiss Diavari and the SB) including field tests in daylight, dusk night and overcast/rain. IMO, the SB and Zeiss Diavari were extremely close with and edge to the Diavari only in total darkness. The Swarovski did nothing for me and I couldn't bring myself to pay $1500 for a Leupold VX 7.

I bought the SB because of the contruction and what MANY others had told me about their durability. I absolutely love the scope especially the FFP reticle. I'm about to finish my first season with and I love it. As many others have said, you will not be disappointed. I wasn't and just ordered my second one for my .300 Weatherby.

Good luck!