Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

View Poll Results: How Long Have You Been A Satisfied Nightforce Scope User
Planning To Buy My First One Soon 57 28.22%
Less Than A Year 37 18.32%
1 To 5 Years 69 34.16%
6 To 10 Years 28 13.86%
Over 10 Years 11 5.45%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Satisfied Users Of Nightforce Scopes From Nightforce Optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 06:53 PM

Re: Satisfied Users Of Nightforce Scopes From Nightforce Optics

I have two, with the same results as everyone else. If there was ever a reason to have to decide between brands it would be NF. NF has a second to none customer satisfaction guarantee. The first one I bought (12x42 NXS) was not to my standards, and to say the least I was disappointed. I called NF on Thursday with my complaint. They said if I could get it to a UPS store and put it on second day air they would pay the freight both ways. I did. Tuesday morning I had a new one setting on my door. That tells me they did not even look at the scope, just box another up and send it out. No questions asked! I have heard of several other customers having the same customer service. There is no run around if you need the warranty. I will continue to buy NF.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Silver Member

I have used three different NXS of my friends. I just got my first NXS 5.5x22x50 NR-P2. I sold my Swarovski to fund this purchase. There is no comparison in clarity or brightness between the two. I will be buying more!!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I just got myself another Nightforce!

Mike @ CSGW
Old 12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Silver Member

Bought my first this year...a 5.5x22x50 for a Lapua. I have owned 2 USO, a Zeiss and a Swarovski previously, so was used to good glass...But when studying the specs, such as exit pupil , I was at first concerned that there wouldn't be enough light through a 2.25 mm exit pupil...but I was wrong. I have never noticed any lack of light even though I usually like at least a 4mm exit pupil in my binoculars...
I was convinced to make the buy when we were sighting in my partners rifle at the range...we needed 3/4 MOA adjustment to the left and when we dialed it in the bullet moved precisely that amount...The adjustments were exactly the way they should be, viz. precise and repeatable.
I am intrigued by the new 2.5x10x32. I can already see it sitting on a lightweight 7mm that I am scheming about. I am also wanting to check out the new FFP's when I get the chance. And I would still like to see Holland's reticle in one of the FFP's 30-338
Old 12-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

After 3 bad experiances with 3 scopes and their manufacturers, I tried NF in 1999. I have never looked back. NF scopes are everything those others were supose to be and even better. I have always thought they were a dream come true and they are. Although I use a Lupy Mk4 10x on my sheep rifle due to its lower weight, for my serious LR work and other hunting situations, I prefer my NF's.

Thanks you NF!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Platinum Member

Shawns video finally pushed me over the edge. When a guy like Shawn says you can't do better...

Suddenly, the rifle is a half moa shooter, the zero never shifts, the drop charts work... The perfect long range scope. If they could shave 1/2 a lb. they'd be the perfect all around scope too.

A scope to believe in.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member

Bought another last week. 5.5 x 22 x 56 NXS with 1/4 MOA's and a MLR ret. Took it to the range, looked through the bore at 100 yards got it close, fired 1 shot, 11 inches high and 4" right. Made both elevation and windage corrections at once. Fired the second shot, BINGO! dead nuts... But I never expected any less from a Nightforce.

Great product!

Jeff