Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Sako Optilock ~Help~!?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Gold Member
Re: Sako Optilock ~Help~!?!?!

Hi Dr,
they are M 3.5 and cost 4 each if you buy them from GMK.
They are in fact a special, the head diameter is smaller then the standard M 3.5 socket head screw.
I bought 2 dozen but had to turn down the heads to fit the counterbore in the ring, as soon as i can remember where i got them from i will email you.

Unread 01-22-2007, 06:04 PM

I ended up calling Beretta today. They were very nice and helpful. I had never had to call Beretta before, but it was a good experience. I wanted to take a minute and thank you guys for all the help. You were right about everything, the size, and the head being larger. I was wanting to get that last screw in and go shooting, but I guess waiting for a package in the mail will have to do. Once again, thank you very much. This was my first post to this forum. I belong to several other forums, mostly about predator hunting, and have found that people who shoot and hunt are usually great and helpful people that will do anything for you. You guys proved to be the same. Thank you! If I can ever return the favor, please let me know.
Unread 01-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Silver Member

Those ring screws are the weak link in the Optilock system. They're too soft and after one or two scope changes are useless because the hex head will strip out and you won't be able to tighten them (or remove them without drilling the head off).

An alternative is Conetrol rings. I've used these on one of my Sakos and I like 'em better. The only drawback is the cost.
Unread 01-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Silver Member

Sounds like you have some screws on the way. I didn't see your post soon enough to help, but in the furture you might try contacting Accuflite Sports. They have as many Sako parts as I've found anywhere. Ask for JB, he's always been helpful to me.

Ph: 724-733-7033

"Fenced yards ain't hole cards and like as not never will be, reason for rhymers and old five and dimers like me."
Willie Nelson