Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

S&K Scope mount system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Bronze Member

S&K Scope mount system

Does anybody have experience with the S&K scope mount system. I have it on a 3x9 scoped hunting rifle. Groups are less @ .75 MOA and they appear solid. They sure do sleek up the appearance of the rifle . I wonder how good the mounts would hold up at longer ranges considering .300 WM recoil. I know a guy just has to try them but, has anybody else used them ?

Thanks Ted
Old 06-20-2013, 02:41 PM

Re: S&K Scope mount system

I just put them on my 338 win mag. I love them. They look good and solved my misalignment problem. I have 100 rds thru it since rings and bases put on and no shift in impact.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Bronze Member

Have S&K's on 3 rifles so far; 7mm-08,300H&H and .270 Wby mag. Will be buying more. Good customer service, simple to mount and look good. Have had no problems. This is a set on my Mark V.270mag cerakoted Blue Titanium:

Old 06-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Bronze Member

Good response and a good looking photo of your rifle. I too have them on 3 rifles including a Kimber .270 WSM with a Ziess scope. I changed scopes on my Kimber .300 Mag. I'm using them with a Leupold VX6 3-18 44m scope . I want to be able to keep the gun some what compact fore a scabbard rifle and still do a better job of extended long range shooting . I hope they are solid enough for the task.

Ted