Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Rings for my Super Sniper 3-9x42?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

Rings for my Super Sniper 3-9x42?

what are some good 30mm options for lightweight yet sturdy/reliable rings for my SWFA 3-9x42? Also, what height, if you know the optic. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Gold Member

Re: Rings for my Super Sniper 3-9x42?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megastink View Post
what are some good 30mm options for lightweight yet sturdy/reliable rings for my SWFA 3-9x42? Also, what height, if you know the optic. Thanks!
To "know the optic" isn't nearly as important as knowing the dimensions of the gun it's being mounted on and the dimensions of the face of the person who's going to be shooting it.

The rings should be the height which will hold the scope centered on the eye of the shooter when the rile is held with a comfortable and stable hold in the shooting style that's going to be used. (standing, prone, bench etc). No one can do that for you, at least not without you being present for fitting.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 PM

I highly recommend TPS rings. I've got a SWFA 10x, great scope, and that's what I use and they are very solid rings. Doesn't mean there aren't other good ones out there. They also come in aluminum or steel. In my opinion some of the best rings you can get for the money. I got mine here at the LRH store. I think mine are low height and generally I try to go as low as possible but of course gun and scope base dimensions play a part in that as well as your cheek weld. Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Bronze Member

Talley Lightweight's would be worth a look...very solid mounts.

I've got a set of low's with a 42mm scope with enough room for a set of lens covers.