Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Rings and bases for $100

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Rings and bases for $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Why not just buy the correct mount for whatever receiver your working on......lots simpler???
I did. It is even stamped by the manufacture "wby mk v". But for whatever reason it was made wrong. My guess if I exchanged it the new one would have been the same way. It don't matter now anyway cause I already fixed it and I think it looks good. By the work I did I even achieved more thread contact by the rear mount screws. That always bothers me when they don't reach clear through. Now the tips are just flush on the inside of the receiver bore which that in its self makes me feel better.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce_ventura View Post
Good job using what's available to get 'er done. Once you bed it, the base will fit perfectly.
Exactly. Even if I had indexed it in on the mill and used a boring bar or some such cutter it would still need bedded to be perfect.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welderboy250 View Post
I did. It is even stamped by the manufacture "wby mk v". But for whatever reason it was made wrong. My guess if I exchanged it the new one would have been the same way. It don't matter now anyway cause I already fixed it and I think it looks good. By the work I did I even achieved more thread contact by the rear mount screws. That always bothers me when they don't reach clear through. Now the tips are just flush on the inside of the receiver bore which that in its self makes me feel better.

Only thing is you and we and they didnt learn the cause of the situation! It may have been machine wrong; It may have just been mis marked

We'll never know~~
Old 07-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Bronze Member

The only thing that matters is they screwed up. The only question that remains is if they will make it right.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welderboy250 View Post
The only thing that matters is they screwed up. The only question that remains is if they will make it right.

Not after you messed with it! Had you sent it back Im sure they would have found out the root of the problem and made it right.....
Old 07-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Platinum Member

Yep, 9 of 10 times, you go to cutting or modifying something to make it fit, the mfg isn't gonna warranty it.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Bronze Member

The rate my luck has been going lately plus the report of poor customer service posted earlier in the thread and no one rebuking it made my not really feel like even trying to send it back. I wasn't waiting another month if I could help it. Also I suspect it is rather uncommon for someone to put that particular rail on a mark v so they may not even know they have a problem. In the event that were the case it would take even longer for the situation to be corrected. I had to tools and know how to fix it so I did. At the same time however, if they don't at least do something to make it right I may never buy another of their products which is unfortunate because I was hoping to put that mount on other guns. I'm just glad I didn't pay the extra and go through the extra wait time to get the thing in a different finish I wanted.