Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Review - NEW Premier Reticles Heritage 3-15x50mm Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Review - NEW Premier Reticles Heritage 3-15x50mm Tactical

Here is a review of the Premier Reticles Heritage 3-15x50mm Tactical w/ GEN II reticle. First off I have to say thanks to Mike Miller for taking the time to let me look at the Premier Reticle Heritage scope.

The first thing I noticed was the compact size and how stout the scope looked. The 34mm tube adds to the stout look. The turrets are very big, this will make it nice when using big and bulky gloves. Do to the size of the turret Premier Reticle put 22 + mils in one turn making the 1/10 mil clicks seem really close. The turret clicks were not as positive as I would like but they were positive. I like the fact that at every 1mil mark when turning the turret you would feel an aggressive click more like a clunk to let you know you hit a mil mark.

Here is a photo to show the size and the big knobs:

The illumination was nicely done. The illumination and the side parallax are one unit. You pull out the illumination and you have a rheostat adjustment.

Like the rest of the scope the glass was not skimped on. It was what you expect when buying a very high-end scope. The GEN-II looks great like always!

Here it is in action:

We will be getting some in stock, Im told, tomorrow / today.

Mike @ CSGW
Old 11-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Platinum Member

re: Review - NEW Premier Reticles Heritage 3-15x50mm Tactical

Absolutely awesome. sir!! How much r these going for Mike??
Old 11-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

re: Review - NEW Premier Reticles Heritage 3-15x50mm Tactical

Super high. Close to $3,000 bucks I saw a price on one I just can't recall the exact price. When I did see the price I put the magazine down and bought a lottery ticket. I'll be buying another ticket today.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Review - NEW Premier Reticles Heritage 3-15x50mm Tactical

They are $2799.00.

Here are some more photos. I put one on the Patriot 308 and it looks great! Things I noticed when testing it.

The scope is very compact this is good and bad. Bad because you do not have a lot of rail room on the rail for other items, good because it does not look so big on a rifle.

The eye relief is long 3.5 a lot of guys may like this but I found that it is almost too long when mounting it to a Short Action. I could not use low rings like the Seekins 0.92 for it would run into the rail I used the Badger USMC 1 high 34mm rings. When I mounted it on a long action with the Seekins it work very well.

I did not address this before but the illumination is very nice. How the illumination works is you pull the knob a way from the parallax and it exposes numbers to indicate the intensity of the illumination and you simply rotate it to the intensity you wish.

In the photo above you can see the flip lever for zeroing. It is quite simple to re-zero the turret simply flip the lever up and over this disengages the erector system, click it back to 0, flip the lever back locking it into place now your scope is ready to go.

Mike @ CSGW
Old 11-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

Ok so is it as good as a S&B ? The ones are our snipers use? Where is the glass from?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Worker View Post
Ok so is it as good as a S&B ? The ones are our snipers use? Where is the glass from?
My Patriot rifle had the S&B 4-16x42mm and I love the S&B. There are some things I like better about the S&B and some things I better about the Premier Reticles Heritage.

Here is a photo of my S&B on my Patriot:

Im not sure were they get the glass from but it is very, very good glass no matter were Premier gets it from. I cannot tell the difference between the S&B or the Premier glass if there is any. Once you hit a certain quality of glass you will be hard pressed to tell the difference.

They were going to go with the 4-16x42mm but they did not and went with the S&B 3-12x50mm.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Platinum Member

Wouldn't that be because they could get on target quicker with lower power? No doubt those are both super cool looking scopes. I'm a varmint/predator hunter the elite 4200 and 6500 gets the job done for me. Plus I'm never going be attacked and drop my rifle pick it up again and win the battle with that last shot.