Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Which Reticle to choose?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2005, 01:41 AM

Which Reticle to choose?

After a lot of web crawling and advice from the guys and girls of the shooting community (special thanks to all the advice on this forum). I am going for a Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25 with Illuminated reticle. As I will be using this mostly for target (as well as deer the odd time) I think the P-3 Mil-dot reticle is the one to go for but was wondering was it possible to get a finer crosshair ??

Kindest Regards

Dob
Old 04-05-2005, 04:05 AM
Gold Member

Re: Which Reticle to choose?

Dob check out the P4 reticle. its in miliradians similar to the Gen 2 but with purely hash marks and no dots, also has 1m stadia for torsoe measurement ranging at certain ranges. I designed the reticle several years ago and gave the drawings to S&B, they made minor changes and now have it as the P4.
And let me know what price you can get the 5-25x for, i might be able to help you out. Pete
Old 04-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Gold Member

I had the L7 reticle and thought it was great...sakofan.
The S&B makes the best lit reticle in the business, IMO.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Silver Member

Wait a minute, where do you folks find anything about 5X25? The only reference to this scope I've seen is on this web-site. Please give directions to more info, like where do you find they will have a lit reticle? HELP! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Dob check out the P4 reticle. its in miliradians similar to the Gen 2 but with purely hash marks and no dots, also has 1m stadia for torsoe measurement ranging at certain ranges. I designed the reticle several years ago and gave the drawings to S&B, they made minor changes and now have it as the P4.
And let me know what price you can get the 5-25x for, i might be able to help you out. Pete

[/ QUOTE ] Pete: Where do you find any reference to a P4 reticle on the S&B web-site?