Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Reticle ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-13-2007, 09:49 AM
johngfoster, thanks for the help. But like you said im looking for a clean elevation line. I cant believe that some of the scope manufactures havent thought of this before. It seems like there is a ton of people dialing there elev now. I emailed leupold about 1 month ago. They got back to me and said they didnt offer anyting like it and didnt know any one who did. Ill try the person to person today when i call them and see if i cant pick there brain a bit.

Unread 09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member
The way I see it, you can buy a S&B and have Premier make you a custom reticle...or just learn to live with elevation marks being there on any reticle with windage marks. You don't have to use them.

I liked the VHR for use that way on the range but found it hard to see in low light/thick cover so I don't think it would make you happy. The B&C doesn't have any more windage on the main than a standard duplex. Leupold's TMR is nice, but it might be a bit thin for you. If you search, I think somebody posted pics here a while ago of the 6.5-20 TMR so you can see how you'd like that.

If I were you and wanted to stick with that scope, I might be inclined to inquire with Holland about putting an ART in it in the FFP. Specifically ask about low light though, I don't know what the exact thicknesses on it are but it looks thicker than the SFP version and if it stays black better it might be really good in low light. And you could use your windage marks at any power (or holdovers if you ever change your mind). Just an idea.
Unread 09-13-2007, 02:15 PM
thanks. Jon A lots of good stuff there. When it comes down to it I love the scope and how it functions. But i dont have a ton of money to through at it. So i will have to live with it. I was just fishing around for a fix that maybe i havent came across. Thanks again for all the help