Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

replacement turrets for a leupold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Silver Member

replacement turrets for a leupold

do i need to send my scopes back to luppy for the turrets, or do they have replacement ones available that just screw on ?
iirc, i have seen some scopes for sale that had both regular low turrets and caps and an extra set of taller target turrets.

if there are screw on target turrets available, anyone have a set or 2 they wanna sell ?
Old 12-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Platinum Member

Re: replacement turrets for a leupold

http://www.stoneypoint.com/target_knobs_index.html

I've got these on a Vari-X III 4.5-14 and they seem to work OK. The numbered graduations are MOA on my scope, so that works well. Good luck.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 12-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member

Splatter, i have a set of stony point knobs for lupy scopes.i'll ship em to ya for $40. ordered them and my wife surprised me with tappered turrets on my scope the same day they arrived. never got around to sending them back. new, never used.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Silver Member

lemme see what i got going on , on the falfiles.
i think i got luppies..
Old 12-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member

falfiles?
Old 12-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Silver Member

i am a moderator at www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php ,
come over and check us out.
i'm really looking for luppy brand turrets, but may consider s.p.'s..

over on the falfiles, were a bit of a disfunctional family, but with well over 23,000 members from all over the world, we all still get along.

if your not familiar with a fal, it's a .308 battle rifle, that over 93 countries around the world adopted as their main battle rifle.
great gun, lots of fun, and the people over there are the best ....
i've been shooting for years, ex military, and have been enjoying aw's for many of those, but i am just now getting into lr large caliber rifles.
i have shot at lr at pd's, and coyotes, but not as far as these cannons here can, and am trying to learn from the experience on this site.

where i elk hunt we have a few places, that elk can be seen, but at great distance, and noone bothers them, they are unapproachable because of the oak brush, but can be shot at from distance.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Silver Member

Dave W
I don't mean to jump in on this post, but I would take those turrets if splattermatic isn't interested.
Wolfdawg