Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Repla

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM

Repla

OK - I just recently got my new Savage 300 WSM and am loving shooting it, I am getting really good sub MOA groups out of it at 100 yards. I am currently working up some loads and can't wait to see what it will do further out.

Not sure why but I really want to do some custom work on it and have decided that the stock is the best place to start, I do not really care for the factory stock that came on it so it needs to go. I am not that up to date with this type of stuff, where is a good place to get a replacement stock and what are some good brands to look at? Is replaceing a stock something that a lay person like myself can change out or do I need to have it done by a professional gunsmith?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: Repla

a very nice f-class type stock is the ones made by craig at pcdcustom.com they are aluminum and drop in fit! his work is top notch. take a look!

Last edited by jorvin; 10-09-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:05 PM

Thanks....So with one of these stocks I can just unscrew the bolts on my savage and take all the hardware out in one piece and drop it into the new stock and tighten up the bolts and I will be ready to re-zero the rifle?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Silver Member

yes. as long as you let craig know the model # of the savage you have. being aluminum they are rock solid. here is me savage pistol in a pdc stock (i have a rifle also)

Last edited by jorvin; 10-08-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

i had made a mistake on the pdc website it is pdccustom.com sorry
Old 10-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member

Changing out your stock is simple and in my experience has been one of the largest improvements you can do. I have a Bell and Carlson Varmint/Tactical stock that is really good and made a real improvement in the rifle and my shooting form.
I'm going to put on one of the new Stocky's Stocks Bobby Hart wood laminate stocks, those will need to be pillar bedded but it is real easy and no big deal to DIY.
Stockade stocks provide a real nice stock and are an excellent value if you can do some minor finishing.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"