Re: Rangefinder REVIEW - NEWCON 2000Pro - Monocular
Hi, I'm bach with all the detailed review for this Newcon 2000Pro.
So my friend have a Leica Geovid 15x56 Rangefinder and 2 days ago we were out rangind stuff.
Bottom Line, bouth units are the same in ranging animals and small tree the only differece between this to is Leica stops ranging at 1500yards, and with the newcon I was ranging 2800yards.
1.animals (cows, horses) = up to 950.
2. small fence posts (4 feets) - 1200 yards
2.1 frozen ground with paches of snow - 1100-1200yards
3. small tree - 1500yards
4. big tree - 1850 yards
5. houses 1500
6. building (brick) - 1800 yards
7. reflecting building/ rocks - 2200 yards
8. small cars - 1000 yards
9. big trucks (white color) - 1550 yards
10. traffics signs (hwy signs) - 2000 -2250yards
11. very reflecting objects (junk yard cars) - 2800 yards
*.All this reading was done in sunny day, and of hand, not with the bipod, and I could not find further objects (animals past 1200 yards) to see if the unit work at that distance.
The reading between this to (Leica and Newcon) is was with a difference of 3yards or 4 yards, from the same spot.
It was to situation when I could not range with newcon a tree at 1200yards, but with leica yes.
And also with Leica I could not range a small fence post at 1200 but with newcon Yes.
I already checked the consistency at 2800 yards at the car junk yard, ranging 10 time from the same position and got
2800 - 6 times, and 2804 - 4 times.
I tryed also at 1200 yard and the same with +/- 1 yard
1. the LCD display shows the reading just in black, not in red like Leica, so in very dark mornings will be hard to see, unles after ranging you move the rangefinder to the sky or white patches to see the LCD letters.
2. The laser bin is very strong, you can hear the laser when you are listen carefully, so the battery will go quick.
3. The newcon 2K use 9V battery, and you will got warning messaage when the battery will be at 7.5V and stops ranging at 7V.
So you will need a recharged battery at 200mA to use the unit 1 week (7 days without changing the battery)
With a normal 9V Kodak or Duracel, You can range 1 day after then you have to replace the battery)
Far now this are the reviews of the Newcon 2000Pro Monocular rangefinder.