Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Rangefinder need....as opposed to want...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Gold Member

Re: Rangefinder need....as opposed to want...

Leica 1200 Rangemaster
This is 1200 for sale here I think the guy wanted 475. It's a great rangefinder I have been happy with mine. I upgraded to a vectronix but still use this when the ranging power of the terrapin isn't needed
Old 08-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrelnut View Post
Check out the Bushnell 1200 ARC. It's 1/2 the price. I have it and the Leica 1600B. Out to 800 or so the both work about the same.
I have the ARC and have ranged out to 1300 yds, very hard to keep it steady and it will only read that far when steady. I will try to figure out a way to keep it from moving without a tripod
Old 09-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Silver Member

I replaced my dedicated rangefinder with a Bushnell ARC 1 Mile binocular rangefinder in 10 X 42 and am very happy with its accuracy and programmable features. And then there is the fact that I don't have to carry both a rangefinder and separate binoculars.

The ARC 1 Mile glass is good but not excellent however I'm paying for the excellent range finding and can put up with "merely" good glass. For a few thousand more I can get Geovids, but I haven't won the lottery yet.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

Used alot of range finders owned Liecas, my old square model 1200 was 475 new they are great units for the money still use mine bow hunting and lone to son that has my old think it was 8-900 model. My rifle was out shooting my LRF so I up graded for last time. Kinda been same for me and lawn mowers up to a 61'' husky but I really need a 61'' diesel badboy